Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > auto-recover in pages?

auto-recover in pages?
adil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2006, 09:17 PM

so i was wrtiing up an essay using pages, cam time for class and i closed my macbook without saving, figured it would just sleep as usual.
well it turns out the macbook never went to sleep, and when i came back, the battery was dead. booted up again and checked my essay and all that was there was the first pargraph which i had saved before.

basically, is there any way to recover my lost work?

thanks

Thinine
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2006, 10:02 PM

Nope.

monkeybrain
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2006, 12:41 AM

Have a look in the Trash, they could be a folder called 'Recovered Files', if you're lucky it may be in there (I don't actually know for sure that is the purpose of that folder, but it seems logical).

I think you may have a bigger issue of why your macbook didn't sleep. Even if the battery ran down it should have copied the contents of your RAM onto your hard disk and then when you next started it up it would have reverted to that previous 'saved' state.

adil  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by monkeybrain
Have a look in the Trash, they could be a folder called 'Recovered Files', if you're lucky it may be in there (I don't actually know for sure that is the purpose of that folder, but it seems logical).

I think you may have a bigger issue of why your macbook didn't sleep. Even if the battery ran down it should have copied the contents of your RAM onto your hard disk and then when you next started it up it would have reverted to that previous 'saved' state.
that's what i was eoecting too, but for some reason t didnt happen.
and then when i booted up after i got the folder with a question mark in it,
i took out the battery and let it sit for abit, now everything seems to be fine

anything i should be worried about?

Forum Links
Forum Rules