Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Themepark Problem!

Themepark Problem!
penguinn
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2004, 07:00 PM

hey, i've got an image for the titlebar caps, i kept looking it over and erasing, but it wouldnt disappear. The thing that won't disappear is a white line sticking out of the right titlebar cap, and its really annoying me.... Whats wrong and how can i fix it?
thnx,
androo.

ps. here's what hapens:

and yes im making a keramik theme port from KDE.

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2004, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by penguinn:
hey, i've got an image for the titlebar caps, i kept looking it over and erasing, but it wouldnt disappear. The thing that won't disappear is a white line sticking out of the right titlebar cap, and its really annoying me.... Whats wrong and how can i fix it?
I've been getting the same bug in carbon windows lately, too. It's nothing I've seen before, and I still haven't figured out a fix (I was going to work on trying to figure something out sometime this week).

If someone knows a way to fix this, I'm all ears.
DigitalRamen sucks.

fireside
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2004, 10:12 PM

i have another problem for ThemePark: make those ****ing progressbars indeterminate's a lot easier to make.

smeger
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2004, 02:33 AM

Are you guys seeing this bug only in ThemePark's built-in preview, or also once you've applied the theme via ShapeShifter?

If it's only in ThemePark's built-in preview, it may be because TP's preview is "dumb" and doesn't yet apply any of ShapeShifter's smarts when it generates the preview.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

penguinn  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2004, 03:29 AM

it even happens when i applied it with SS
this only hapens with this theme that im making, my other themes are fine

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2004, 04:13 AM

it even happens when i applied it with SS
Same here. During the alphas/betas I didn't have this problem, even when creating a new theme, whereas every new theme I create now has the same issue. It's really bugging me.

On a related note my menubar caps have suddenly decided to stop displaying any more than the 3 pixels closest to each edge, annoying to say the least. There's no way to fix it in the themepark file I'm working on, but when I create a new one the problem disappears. Very odd. Merging with installed elements while using a theme with large caps doesn't help, either. I'm really dreading creating a new file and then copying and pasting all of my work, but I might have to do that.

...thank god for GuiKitty...
DigitalRamen sucks.

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2004, 05:15 AM

Originally posted by fireside:
i have another problem for ThemePark: make those ****ing progressbars indeterminate's a lot easier to make.
lol..Agreed..
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

penguinn  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2004, 12:31 PM

strange that all these problems didnt start happening until a while after we got used to 1.3. Its an amazing update and all, but these bugs are crazy. Well, i'll keep theming then... i'll just wait for 1.3.1 or whatever to come out, maybe that'll fix it.

penguinn  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2004, 12:46 PM

i think i figured out what my problem is..... when the titlebar caps are a different size than the aqua ones, that line appears.... just a crazy themepark bug.

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Apr 12, 2004, 01:05 PM

i think i figured out what my problem is..... when the titlebar caps are a different size than the aqua ones, that line appears.... just a crazy themepark bug.
Different sized how?
Vertically or horizontally?

penguinn  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2004, 03:57 PM

if the width is longer or shorter then i suppose this happens.... it happened in my friend's theme which had shorter titlebar caps, and in mine which has longer ones. But for mine i need long titlebar caps because that's what the theme must have, since its a port.

smeger
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2004, 05:58 PM

I'd be interested in knowing whether this is happening because the titlebar caps are either an odd or an even number of pixels wide. I'm guessing that this is only happening when the cap image is an odd number of pixels wide.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2004, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by smeger:
I'd be interested in knowing whether this is happening because the titlebar caps are either an odd or an even number of pixels wide. I'm guessing that this is only happening when the cap image is an odd number of pixels wide.
that's it, it's the number of pixels. Using an even number gets rid of the artifact. thanks

smeger, any ideas on the menubar caps problem i mentioned a few posts up?
DigitalRamen sucks.

penguinn  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2004, 06:18 PM

yep my titlebar caps were 163 pixels wide lol...
thnx man!
*DeXtop GUI

smeger
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by wibs:
smeger, any ideas on the menubar caps problem i mentioned a few posts up?
Glad my flash of insight was correct regarding the titlebar caps!

Wibs, can you give me any more info?

Forum Links
Forum Rules