Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > mesh affect @ 16 Bit with "NVIDIA drivers/card"

mesh affect @ 16 Bit with "NVIDIA drivers/card"
roders
Mac Elite
Nov 27, 2001, 12:43 PM

Okay I'm making this post in this Gamez forum cus I posted it in the G4 Forum and it sank without trace, so I don't mean to firebomb/spam the boards but......I'm getting the mesh affect @ 16 bit colour depth in gamez with my Apple Geforce 2, I thought this only happened to ATI cards/drivers?
(Infact I swear 16 Bit was fine when I installed the card + it now looks as bad if not slightly worse than my old Radeon @ 16 Bit.
I'm running OS 9.2.1 on a G4 Cube.

roders  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2001, 12:35 AM

Any help with this would be real appreciated!

kbbaucom
Forum Regular
Nov 28, 2001, 04:13 AM

I don't know what you mean by "mesh effect." Are you actually seeing the wireframe mesh instead of the shaded models? If so, that is really odd. You didn't really provide much info. What games, when does it happen, etc?

roders  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2001, 09:50 AM

yeah sorry, I was a bit sparse with the info, by mesh effect I mean the Buzzing bee's effect you get when running an ATI card/drivers @ 16 Bit on a Mac, the Nvidia cards are not supposed to suffer from this problem at all as far as I'm aware, but it's just the same effect as I used to have with My Radeon @ 16 bit; 32 Bit on both cards was/is fine.
This happens in all games & yes I deffinetly have a geforce 2MX, as I fitted it myself.
I'm stumped

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2001, 11:34 AM

I don't know if this helps or not, but I have the same problem on my Pismo. Other ATI-enabled notebooks such as my corporate Dell Latitude do not suffer from the fuzzy 16-bit graphics my Pismo does. They both use the same chipset. My GeForce3 desktop doesn't get the fuzzies either. I'm inclined to think the problem is with Mac drivers.

roders  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2001, 06:09 PM

I think you right Seanyepez, I have a Geforce 3 in my PC with no visual artifacts @ 16 Bit colour depth, the tsrange thing is I remember when the ATI Rage Pro came out (the first ATI card to properly (ish) support gaming @ 32 Biot colour depth and then the Radeon after that, at first I read it was a driver issue that would be sorted out, and then we were told it was a hardware problem, and so could'nt be fixed in allready sold/manufactured cards (not that anyone @ APPLE/ATI has been bothered to try and fix it since).
I think it's a bit of a pisstake really, as the quality of the Image @ 16 bit @ low resoloutions is @ best absoloutly crap!

Forum Links
Forum Rules