Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iSync stopped Synchronizing Calendar

iSync stopped Synchronizing Calendar
nemanirc
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2003, 01:59 PM

I have been synchronizing my PB G3 and Palm IIIxe through the infrared port for several months now. It has successfully syncrhonized the calendar and to do items with iCal and the address book with Address Book. Then, about three weeks ago, it stopped synchronizing the calendar and to do items. Every synchronization still synchronizes the Address Book, but not the calendar and to do. I do not think I changed anything, and the iSync and Palm conduit controls do not let me change any settings to turn on or off certain conduits (like the default Palm and the Entourage conduits do). Has anyone else encountered this?

kooBi
Jun 18, 2003, 05:48 AM

Originally posted by nemanirc:
I have been synchronizing my PB G3 and Palm IIIxe through the infrared port for several months now. It has successfully syncrhonized the calendar and to do items with iCal and the address book with Address Book. Then, about three weeks ago, it stopped synchronizing the calendar and to do items. Every synchronization still synchronizes the Address Book, but not the calendar and to do. I do not think I changed anything, and the iSync and Palm conduit controls do not let me change any settings to turn on or off certain conduits (like the default Palm and the Entourage conduits do). Has anyone else encountered this?
I get a similar thing - address book syncs, but calendar fails - don't know why, and I've tried changing various settings... iStink doesn't seem to like Palm very much

nemanirc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 18, 2003, 07:05 AM

Originally posted by kooBi:
I get a similar thing - address book syncs, but calendar fails - don't know why, and I've tried changing various settings... iStink doesn't seem to like Palm very much
I actually fixed this a while ago. I cannot remember exactly what I did, but I trashed some iSync related files in the /Library folder. Wish I remembered what I did in case it happens again. Now, everything synchronizes perfectly.

kooBi
Jun 19, 2003, 03:31 AM

I just tried what you might have done, and went on a prefs trashing rampage. Deleted all iCal, iSync, Palm related prefs in ~/Library/ and in HD/Library/, as well as deleting ~/Application Support/SyncService and HD/Library/Application Support/SyncService.

I had to set up the Palm device again:

HotSync Manager, Command+J (or HotSync->Conduit Settings, double click on iSync Conduit and enable.

Then told iSync what to do for the first sync etc. etc.

Unfortunately all my contacts on my Palm now have the email address entered twice, and iCal was a bit screwed up (some data duplicated)

If I'd been a bit more careful before the sync I could have avoided all that by matching categories in iCal with those on the Palm, but then it wouldn't have worked (murphy's law!).

At least it's a start

Forum Links
Forum Rules