Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iCal/iSync and Ericsson T610

iCal/iSync and Ericsson T610
TheGreatButcher
Senior User
Nov 28, 2003, 11:12 PM

The calendar from iCal syncs up the dates but not the times - everything I put is listed as 4-5 AM when it reaches my phone. Anyone know how to fix this?

midwinter
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by TheGreatButcher:
The calendar from iCal syncs up the dates but not the times - everything I put is listed as 4-5 AM when it reaches my phone. Anyone know how to fix this?
That's weird. Mine works fine. Have you trashed the prefs for iCal?

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 12:43 AM

Yes, manually set the time on the phone and make sure that the phone is set to the same time zone that you are in. The time zone on the computer and the phone match up. Your welcome.

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

TheGreatButcher  (op)
Senior User
Nov 29, 2003, 12:50 AM

Ahhh... thanks... didn't realize I had to set the time zone manually. I just switched to T-Mobile from Sprint, and Sprint would sync the time up automatically

jetta_gt
Forum Regular
Nov 29, 2003, 01:15 AM

I just switched from Sprint to Tmob, with the T610, the phone and it's interaction with OSX are simply amazing, BUT the reception is horrendous, taking it back tommorow for a Nokia 3650, big and ugly, but i wnat bluetooth!

todrain
Senior User
Nov 29, 2003, 11:15 PM

I just switched from a Sprint StarTac to a T610, and it is amazing. I get good reception in the Dallas area, but haven't traveled with it much yet.

The time zone threw me at first too, but I fixed it and the appointments are in sync now.

If you haven't already tried the Salling Clicker, it's amazing!
You can control your Mac from your T610! It's worth a look!

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2003, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by jetta_gt:
I just switched from Sprint to Tmob, with the T610, the phone and it's interaction with OSX are simply amazing, BUT the reception is horrendous, taking it back tommorow for a Nokia 3650, big and ugly, but i wnat bluetooth!
sorry to hear that
the Nokia isn't much better.
While the T610 might read that there are low bars it never really has a problem making or recieving incoming phone calls. I have played with both in "real world" enviroments...I hope you get better service but the T610 isn't really that bad, if the indicator really bothers you, upgrading the Firmware helps alot, but like I said, although it might read no bars or low bars, calling out usually isn't a problem at all.

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2003, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by SOLIDAge:
sorry to hear that
the Nokia isn't much better.
While the T610 might read that there are low bars it never really has a problem making or recieving incoming phone calls. I have played with both in "real world" enviroments...I hope you get better service but the T610 isn't really that bad, if the indicator really bothers you, upgrading the Firmware helps alot, but like I said, although it might read no bars or low bars, calling out usually isn't a problem at all.
Upgrading the firmware for the T610? Is there newer firmware from Sony Ericsson? How does one do this?

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2003, 12:12 AM

Originally posted by iDriveX:
Upgrading the firmware for the T610? Is there newer firmware from Sony Ericsson? How does one do this?
one either goes to a SE service center nearest you (they are few and far between) ...if you find one, they'll do it for free.

ORRR you can check out a site like http://www.globalmob.com/cart/customer/home.php and pay $25.

Forum Links
Forum Rules