Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > another .mac mail question

another .mac mail question
mollusk
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 29, 2004, 05:35 PM

I was waiting for a reply to an email (time sensitive) last night and finally received it at
9:30 pm, according to the mail app. I use Adelphia cable. I happened to check my .mac mail at the .mac mail website today from work and noticed the email was received there at 6:30 (3 hours earlier) Is this true or am I missing something? Is .mac on a different time zone?

cpac
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2004, 05:47 PM

yes it's true - Apple has acknowledged some recent service problems with .Mac email.
cpac

rambo47
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 08:43 PM

Happily, the .Mac folks are listening to complaints about what they offer for the price they charge and have made upgrades. I got the following email today:

Dear .Mac Member,

We're excited to announce that your .Mac membership now comes with 250 MB of combined .Mac Mail and iDisk storage. And, in another move designed to make life easier as traffic grows heavier and files grow larger, we've increased the maximum email message size to 10 MB.

If you haven't tried them yet, be sure to check out two additional enhancements recently added to .Mac Mail. There's a new online spell checker with a customizable dictionary available when you use your .Mac Mail account through a browser. And you can now use aliases as email addresses either for fun or as protection when you need to provide an email address but aren't entirely comfortable with the requester. If your concerns turn out to be justified, you can then simply remove the alias and create a new one the next time you face a similar situation.

We value your membership and hope you enjoy these enhancements to your .Mac service.

Now if they would iron out some of the bugs with respect to reliability!

Forum Links
Forum Rules