Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > widescreens??

widescreens??
reemas
Senior User
May 6, 2004, 01:25 PM

im not sure if im missing something. the widescreen on the 15" powerbook is just for more real estate? it doesnt have anything to do with actual widescreen movies or anything right?

i tired several widescreen movies but they all have the same black bars on top and bottom. thats normal right?

thanks for the help!

toshigen
May 6, 2004, 01:29 PM

Yes, that is normal.... the widescreen is mainly for the extra screen real estate.

It does make for better DVD viewing though. With the extra screen width, the widescreen movies can be viewed larger than you can on a 1024x768 screen.

Dimitri
May 6, 2004, 01:54 PM

When I viewed a WS movie on an iMac 17" it had the black bars but those bars were smaller than they would have been on my TV, or on a 4:3 monitor. I guess because the iMac's screen is a 16:10 ratio which is much closer to the movies' 16:9 ratio than a typical monitor's 16:12 ratio is.

Forum Links
Forum Rules