Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > PDF Images Won't Display

PDF Images Won't Display
tpicco
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2007, 08:26 AM

OK... I am designing a brochure in Quark 6.5 in B&W with a B&W photo image. It is one image, duped in varying sizes as a visual motif throughout the design.

I PDF it using Export Layout to PDF.

I set it for grayscale. I keep resolution As Is. I check NONE under all three "Image Compression Options" (ie: color, grayscale, monochromatic), but at the bottom I check "Compress All Text & Line Art." I have "OPI Active" checked with Include Images (both tiff & eps checked.)

When the PDF is created and I open it it says "Array length is out of range" but I can see the images. I do a Reduce File Size, and it still says that warning, but I can still see the images. I send it to a client, they can't see the images.

The original photo file was supplied to me. I believe it was created on a PC as a jpg with a mask. When I initially copied it to my Mac, it showed up as a Picture Viewer file. When I try to change the source photo image in Photoshop (reduce size, or change to a Photoshop tiff or eps or jpg) & re-import it into the Quark file, it refuses to PDF it. If I do ANYTHING to the image, Quark refuses to make a PDF of it.

I finally solved my problem by going through Print > Save as PDF and it seems happy... but what the F is going on here?

I have Acrobat Professional 6.0.2 and Photoshop CS

tpicco  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 12, 2007, 05:31 AM

no one?

Photo678
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 13, 2007, 01:35 AM

if memory serves me, it's an opi problem....untick it if you don't really need it. it has something to do with trying to apply colour to the images.....see if that helps

Forum Links
Forum Rules