Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple Watch: Who's getting one?

Apple Watch: Who's getting one? (Page 6)
Thread Tools
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I got off light?

Watch out, we've got an internet tough guy over here.
Yup, you were being a whiny little girl, playing the victim over your football team, lashing out at anyone who disagreed with you (a lot like people in this thread have behaved). It was deserved.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:06 PM
 
Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
PERON, damnit. Although there was only one, and he wasn't random.
Yeah, you're right, Lam can't spell for shit.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:10 PM
 
Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
Also: Apple is damn confident that this watch will actually stand the test of time (boom). A 10 grand piece of electronics should last a bit longer than a year or two.
Pretty sure it will. The battery is replaceable, by Apple, and I'll bet dollars to pesos that Apple will have some type of a "guts" upgrade plan for it. In fact, I'd say they have at least a 10-15 year life cycle planned for it, if not longer.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:12 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I'm disappointed, not angry. It's sad when adults resort to grade school tactics in an attempt to alienate those you disagree with.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Or just tell you to go f*** yourself? In fact... Go f*** yourself.
Is this the twighlight zone or real life
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Is this the twighlight zone or real life
Of course, the point is, if I have an issue with someone, at least I'm talking directly to them.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
This thread started as a beautiful gold watch but ended with a cheap plastic band on it.

2/10
You've been here for >10 years and you know how it is, if we didn't fuss at each other the Lounge would barely have any posts at all. As long as we aren't screaming and throwing tantrums, some bickering is a good thing.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:34 PM
 
Alright, let's clear this up: When there are issues, if you talk about the person in the third you're gutless, and if you talk to the person directly, you're an internet tough-guy.

That cover everything?

It doesn't really matter after all, since you're all figments of my imagination.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:35 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Of course, the point is, if I have an issue with someone, at least I'm talking directly to them.

The point is when you are called out on your bullshit you resort to the same behavior you are quick to scold everyone else for.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:35 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
if we didn't fuss at each other the Lounge would barely have any posts at all
It's all I've been thinking reading this thread.

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
As long as we aren't screaming and throwing tantrums, some bickering is a good thing.
Consider this thread one of greatest things in recent history, then.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
The point is when you are called out on your bullshit you resort to the same behavior you are quick to scold everyone else for.
Hmm... No, not really.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
It's all I've been thinking reading this thread.

Consider this thread one of greatest things in recent history, then.
The Lounge thrives under a certain level of dysfunction. If we were all pacifists it would boring as hell around here, don't you think?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Phileas
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 03:59 PM
 
From one of the top internet destinations to find help with everything Mac related to a dusty hovel populated by a bunch of bickering old men....

How the mighty have fallen.
     
MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 04:10 PM
 
So. Why don't you guys take your fight into a PM?

Thanks.

That being said: Can we continue talking about the subject?
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 04:14 PM
 
Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
That being said: Can we continue talking about the subject?
No time.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 04:22 PM
 
Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
From one of the top internet destinations to find help with everything Mac related to a dusty hovel populated by a bunch of bickering old men....

How the mighty have fallen.
The Lounge has little to do with a "destination to find help with everything Mac related", never has. In fact, I'd say it's always been the antithesis of that.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 04:36 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
No time.
I see what you did there.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 04:37 PM
 
Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
I see what you did there.
You've been watching my posts closely.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 05:01 PM
 
Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
So. Why don't you guys take your fight into a PM?

Thanks.
If all disagreements went to PM, MacNN would probably go bankrupt. That aside, I've tried sending PMs to resolve certain issues but they're ignored, because those people don't want resolution, they want a public quarrel.

How a lot of "fights" get started around here is X person says something negative about Apple, a football team, pickles, or whatever, then someone replies saying something inflammatory about them. What's the point in that? Example, someone says:

Some of the most expensive watches in the world have leather straps, and I'm pretty sure no one can buy a gold Apple Watch with the rubber strap.
Then there's the reply:

As is so often the case CTP speaks with such "self-assurance" on a topic that he clearly knows nothing about. Unless of course this is just a figment of our imagination.
and then things spiral down from there. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either. But it is what it is.

That being said: Can we continue talking about the subject?
Sure.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 06:14 PM
 
Oh come now at least be accurate and tell the entire story ....

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
Some of the most expensive watches in the world have leather straps, and I'm pretty sure no one can buy a gold Apple Watch with the rubber strap.
Emphasis yours. Complete with the "eye roll". Which garnered this response ...

Originally Posted by OAW
As is so often the case CTP speaks with such "self-assurance" on a topic that he clearly knows nothing about. Unless of course this is just a figment of our imagination.



Apple - Apple Watch Edition - 18-Karat Rose Gold Case with White Sport Band
In very plain English you sat here and made the claim that buying a gold Apple watch with the rubber strap basically wasn't even going to be an option. That's the clear meaning of your own words because there is no other viable interpretation. And my "self-assurance" quip was in direct response to your little eye rolling behind a claim that was patently false. Something that 30 seconds of Google Fu would have revealed to be the case. So no ... I didn't say anything "inflammatory" about you. I simply made an observation. And an accurate one at that ... because as most of us around here know ... it's not the first time you've been legitimately called out for "your mouth writing a check that your ass can't cash" with these little things we call FACTS. And then to make matters worse instead of showing some maturity and simply acknowledging your error ... you decide to "play the victim". Hell even if you couldn't bring yourself to admit you were wrong ... it would have been a smarter play to just keep it moving on that particular issue. But noooo ... apparently even that would be too much like right for you. So instead, you decide to try to argue multiple people down by pretending your original statement was about "up-selling" ... which is BS and we all know it!

Since you are this supposed "car expert" around here let's take your words and apply it to a car scenario. If "no one can buy a Maybach with a manual transmission" ... then it would be a pretty neat trick to "up-sell" a customer to an automatic from a manual transmission option that doesn't even exist. N'est-ce pas?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Mar 16, 2015 at 06:37 PM. )
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 06:35 PM
 
In any event, as I've mentioned I prefer the looks of the stainless steel Apple watch with the link band. But for a $1000 that's simply a non-starter for me. Perhaps if I tinker with one in person in an Apple Store I might be able to convince myself that there are enough use cases for me to spend $400 for this one though. It's the nicest looking one in the Sport line that I could see myself wearing on a regular basis.



Still kinda doubt it though.

OAW
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 06:49 PM
 
Oh, it was the eye-roll? Riiiight. Nothing to do with jumping my shit at any opportunity, then? Well, here's a few more. If you like those, I got a whole bag extra for you. Yep, I know what you think I was saying, despite my clarifications, I simply stopped caring. But hey, at least you've given up the lies about having me on ignore for the last several months, that's probably an impressive feat for you. People won't have to quote me just so you can reply through nested quotes anymore.

BTW, you can buy a Maybach with a manual, you would just have to go through the AMG special operations, then bend over and grab your ankles. Like Porsche, Merc will do anything to make some extra customization dollars (something the Sultan of Brunei and other high profile customers have taken advantage of for decades). Can't do that with Ferrari, though, you have to send your car to Pininfarina, Mansory, or some other special builder or customizer to get a stick in their cars nowadays.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 07:12 PM
 
Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
From one of the top internet destinations to find help with everything Mac related to a dusty hovel populated by a bunch of bickering old men....

How the mighty have fallen.
In the absence of actual new information, the patrons turn their discussion to navel-gazing.

It is technically attempted penis-gazing and trumping, I suppose, but said extremities appear to be too small to warrant wagging.
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 07:43 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Some of the most expensive watches in the world have leather straps, and I'm pretty sure no one can buy a gold Apple Watch with the rubber strap.
Apple - Apple Watch - Gallery

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 07:56 PM
 
Originally Posted by starman View Post
You guys still haven't understood the point Cap'n was trying to make.
I guess it got lost in the bickering.

YES, theoretically, the model rose gold + sport band is available.

However, the Edition models are ONLY sold in select stores. NOT online (as far as I understood). Those select retail stores will get pre-determined shipments of watch and band combinations. In all likelyhood, those combinations will match the greatest demand.

For now, it seems like a gold watch + plastic band would NOT be in very high demand, at least, that's the opinion of some.

If that is the case, it's going to be hard to actually FIND a store that has that specific watch+band combination (rose gold + white plastic) AVAILABLE.

The question is:
Will Apple allow online orders to be shipped diretcly to retailers ?
Will Apple eventually allow online orders for Edition watches ?

-t
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 07:56 PM
 
starman: You jumped in here wagging your penis at Shaddim, and didn't even bother to read the thread you were jumping into?

Let me augment what turtle wrote (he stealth-posted as I was writing the following, but has a slightly different take than I do):

The point is not that Apple shows the option - we all know that the option is explicitly shown on Apple's website.

The point is that Cap'n assumes that Apple will follow luxury brand marketing convention by simply not having the lowest-end sports-band Edition in stock at any stores, making it necessary to up-sell to the leather-band versions.

And I've disagreed, because that's a level of dishonesty that doesn't jibe with what Apple represents, and Apple will be upending the luxury watch industry by being Apple.

I understood Capt'n to insinuate INTENT to not make the sports-band Edition available.

In the past, Apple has generally infuriated retailers by requiring them to purchase various models in predetermined proportions (remember the candy-colored iMacs? - Apple forced dealers to by one of each, completely failing to take into account that some colors were wildly popular, while others didn't move at all...).
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 07:57 PM
 
Ha, beat you to it by seconds

-t
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 08:01 PM
 
LOL you people and your assumptions.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 08:03 PM
 
EVERYONE in this thread is making some assumptions. The watch is not selling yet, so there are no FACTS.

-t
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 08:14 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Oh, it was the eye-roll? Riiiight. Nothing to do with jumping my shit at any opportunity, then? Well, here's a few more. If you like those, I got a whole bag extra for you.
Well given your penchant for being so overconfident in your erroneous statements such opportunities are boundless.

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Yep, I know what you think I was saying, despite my clarifications, I simply stopped caring.
And I know what you actually said. Again it is right there in plain English. And don't try to put this on me. Several other people around here could clearly see what you said in black and white and have legitimately called you out on it as well. Your so-called "clarification" was simply your lame ass attempt at a backpedal. And a shamelessly transparent one at that. Your initial statement and your subsequent "up-sell" comment had nothing to do with each other. Your second statement added no "clarity" or "nuance" to the first ... because the first statement didn't even remotely reference up-selling. At all. Not even a little bit! You simply claimed that "I'm pretty sure no one can buy a gold Apple Watch with the rubber strap." Well the only way for this to be true is for the combination to not be offered at all. But clearly it is. You didn't say Apple "wouldn't make it easy" to buy this combination. Or Apple will try to "steer you away" from this combination. You'd actually have a leg to stand on with your so-called "clarification" if you had. You are right about one thing though. You have "simply stopped caring". About making yourself look even more like an idiot by your refusal to accept correction when you are unequivocally in the wrong. But hey, you are after all the guy who was so eager to jump on the "Bendgate" bandwagon. As our Resident Forum Internet Expert you couldn't help but pretend like "structural engineer" was also amongst your many fields of expertise. So that "design flaw" in the iPhone 6 Plus that you were so certain about? Well how'd that work out for you?

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
But hey, at least you've given up the lies about having me on ignore for the last several months, that's probably an impressive feat for you. People won't have to quote me just so you can reply through nested quotes anymore.
Again ... so overconfident in your erroneous statements. Case in point. It's obvious you are utterly clueless about how the ignore function even works. As evidenced by this little gem from late December ...

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
Proof you're full of bunk?



You can't PM people who have you on ignore, yet I just did. "Hey besson! Is he still talking about me, because I'm like totally ignoring him!"
First of all, you did not PM me. Even Stevie Wonder can see that is a draft PM that is unsent. Hence that big ass Submit Message button. How about you post a picture of a PM to me in your Sent Items folder? Oh wait ... you can't? Imagine that.

Second, because you are on my ignore list all that means is that your posts are hidden by default. I can, however, display any individual post you make at any time .... at my discretion. As others quote your posts I see certain things you have said because they are not on my ignore list. Again, in the 14 years I've been around here you're the only one who's managed to achieve that "honor". So when I see you have my name in your mouth ... directly or indirectly ... or if you say something particularly stupid drenched in self assurance as you have obviously done in this thread ... then I may or may not choose to chime in. For instance, that particular instance of self assured stupidity above? I simply chose to let that go back in December. It was the holiday season after all and I wasn't inclined to dampen my mood with your foolishness. Besides, I knew it would simply be a matter of time before you went there again. It would seem you just can't help yourself. So there's no "lies" involved here at all. Only your lack of understanding about how the ignore function works. But I'm the one "full of bunk" though?

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
BTW, you can buy a Maybach with a manual, you would just have to go through the AMG special operations, then bend over and grab your ankles. Like Porsche, Merc will do anything to make some extra customization dollars (something the Sultan of Brunei and other high profile customers have taken advantage of for decades). Can't do that with Ferrari, though, you have to send your car to Pininfarina, Mansory, or some other special builder or customizer to get a stick in their cars nowadays.
That whooshing sound you hear is the point going right over your head.



OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Mar 16, 2015 at 08:55 PM. )
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 08:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
You guys still haven't understood the point Cap'n was trying to make.
I guess it got lost in the bickering.

YES, theoretically, the model rose gold + sport band is available.

However, the Edition models are ONLY sold in select stores. NOT online (as far as I understood). Those select retail stores will get pre-determined shipments of watch and band combinations. In all likelyhood, those combinations will match the greatest demand.
If Apple had no intention of selling this online then it would make no sense to be able to click the Select button in the Apple Store and begin the purchase process. But even if that were the case, that's not what CTP said. Yeah he tried to go there after the fact. But clearly he made no reference to this whatsoever in his initial statement.



OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Mar 16, 2015 at 08:30 PM. )
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 08:34 PM
 
Good grief, can you just ****ing drop it already?
     
starman
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Union County, NJ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 08:40 PM
 
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
EVERYONE in this thread is making some assumptions. The watch is not selling yet, so there are no FACTS.

-t
Exactly, which is why I'm laughing my ass off.

EDIT: And props to OAW.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 08:47 PM
 
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Exactly, which is why I'm laughing my ass off.

EDIT: And props to OAW.


It's one thing to make an "informed assumption". It's quite another to engage in "rank speculation" in spite of clear evidence to the contrary.

OAW
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 09:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by OAW View Post
*a mind-numbingly long rant containing half-truths and ignorant BS*


A few of these for you too.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 09:43 PM
 
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Exactly, which is why I'm laughing my ass off.
Me too.

Originally Posted by OAW View Post


It's one thing to make an "informed assumption". It's quite another to engage in "rank speculation" in spite of clear evidence to the contrary.
Hey, you should like print that out and put it over your monitor for when you're in the PL, condemning people before any charges have been filed.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 09:48 PM
 
Originally Posted by OAW View Post
If Apple had no intention of selling this online then it would make no sense to be able to click the Select button in the Apple Store and begin the purchase process. But even if that were the case, that's not what CTP said. Yeah he tried to go there after the fact. But clearly he made no reference to this whatsoever in his initial statement.
Probably because I didn't think you'd go banzai-ape-shit over a simple comment, but that's the way you are.

Couple more... and another.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 10:21 PM
 
My prediction: A global prices of emoticons spike, due to careless use of this finite resource in this thread.
     
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 10:24 PM
 
So when the Apple Watch gets here, will the prices of crudely drawn phalluses spike?
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 16, 2015, 10:56 PM
 
Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
So when the Apple Watch gets here, will the prices of crudely drawn phalluses spike?
That's going to be awesome!!! Sitting in church, enjoying the service... BOOM!! There's a penis on your wrist!
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 17, 2015, 12:08 AM
 
Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
So when the Apple Watch gets here, will the prices of crudely drawn phalluses spike?
I 8==> you

-t
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 17, 2015, 11:51 AM
 
Forget sending a heartbeat, I want to send an erection.
     
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 17, 2015, 12:07 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
That's going to be awesome!!! Sitting in church, enjoying the service... BOOM!! There's a penis on your wrist!
Trust me: there are one or two male students (read: at least a dozen) who would try to send me these types of messages while I'm speaking. They're the reason I had to deactivate iMessage on my iPad.

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Forget sending a heartbeat, I want to send an erection.
Brett Favre beat you to it.
     
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
Mar 18, 2015, 09:24 AM
 
Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Trust me: there are one or two male students (read: at least a dozen) who would try to send me these types of messages while I'm speaking. They're the reason I had to deactivate iMessage on my iPad.
*frantically motions to MacNN intern*

"S'cuse me, could we get some awkward Roman Catholic priest sex jokes in here, please? ON THE DOUBLE DAMMIT"
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 18, 2015, 02:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
*frantically motions to MacNN intern*

"S'cuse me, could we get some awkward Roman Catholic priest sex jokes in here, please? ON THE DOUBLE DAMMIT"
Oh, nooooo, no, no, no, no...

To clarify: jokes with words to try to get me to laugh during class, not pictures.
     
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 31, 2015, 03:42 PM
 
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 31, 2015, 04:20 PM
 
…and get called out at the airport for smuggling.

****ing VAT, how does it work?
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 31, 2015, 10:45 PM
 
It's amazing that these morons still don't get it.

-t
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 1, 2015, 09:36 AM
 
To be fair we live in a country where we hide the true cost of an item as much as possible.
     
MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 7, 2015, 09:53 AM
 
So back to my original question. Anyone getting one? Only a couple days out before preorder.
     
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 7, 2015, 10:56 AM
 
On launch day? No, indeed.

If every review on the planet is glowing, and if a few months of use has every Apple Watch owner singing its praises, I'll consider the possibility.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 7, 2015, 10:59 AM
 
The 5s was the last time I really wanted an Apple product.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,