Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Dead Mini

Dead Mini
Sub
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 17, 2007, 06:50 PM

A while ago, my gf's pink iPod mini 1st gen died on her, she took it to the genius bar and they gave her a brand new one, but I got her a new black Nano 1st gen for her birthday, about 9 months ago. When she got the nano she left the mini docked, but completely unplugged, just sitting in her house, for about 5 months. She gave it to me when I asked her about it. This mini looks brand new, and doesn't have the tiniest scratch on it whatsoever. But it won't turn on, so I figured it was the battery, I plugged it into firewire for my mac, yeah, remember firewire? Plugged it into the wall via firewire, into my iHome, and into the computer via USB, I have tried resetting it using the menu and select, toggle hold button trick several times, when I plug it into the dock it doesn't make that chime anymore.

Any ideas? Think I have a chance with the genius' again?

chipchen
Mac Elite
Apr 18, 2007, 04:38 AM

Well... the replacements at Apple are covered for 90 days or the length of the original warranty or AppleCare on the original unit. Whichever is longer.

Chances are it's over. Sounds like the board is dead. Time to ebay it broken.

Forum Links
Forum Rules