Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > ohh nooo QUICKSILVER.!! WERE GONNA LOSE IT.!?!?

ohh nooo QUICKSILVER.!! WERE GONNA LOSE IT.!?!?
ernesto_a10
Jan 14, 2008, 01:37 AM

LISTEN PPL I DONT KNOW IF U USE THIS LITTLE APPLICATION CALLED "QUICKSILVER" FOR OTHER PPL INCLUDING MYSELF PROUDLY USE IT FOR ALMOST "EVERYTHING".... UT I JUST READ THAT B THE LOOKS OF IT QUICKSILVER WILL END UP LIKE... DYING... WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING.. THEY NEED DEVELOPERS FOR THE APP TO SURVIVE.. I HAVE THE LINK BELOW WHICH IS AN INTERVIEW FROM THE MAIN DEVELOPER/ CREATOR OF QUICKSILVER..... WE NEED TO SAVE QUICKSILVER.!! IT SIMPLY ROCKS.!

Exclusive Lifehacker Interview: Quicksilver's Creator on the Future of QS
£rnes†ø.√™

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2008, 03:22 AM

First of all, please calm down and don't type in all caps. It's annoying to many people and difficult to read.

Secondly, Quicksilver is not dead. Ankur Kothari, for one, has always been interested in Quicksilver and seems to be working on it now that it's open-source (not that he's made any promises — I'm just pointing out that it's not totally abandoned). And even if active development were halted on Quicksilver, that doesn't mean it's going to suddenly die or give you chicken pox or something. I'm currently three versions behind and I'm not suffering any problems for it. If you like Quicksilver now, just keep using it with a smile on your face.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

ernesto_a10  (op)
Jan 14, 2008, 01:58 PM

Ok, I'm sorry for all the caps, it's just that it's my favorite application and i just want a better and better Quicksilver, i have the latest version, no problems at all but i want to see the future Quicksilver, future plug-ins, scripts, and other cool new models.
Thanks anyway Chuckit
£rnes†ø.√™

Remxed
Jan 14, 2008, 04:08 PM

that article is over a month old... and yet quicksilver isnt dead yet. so what do you think?

forumhound
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 15, 2008, 10:18 AM

love it, works great in leopard!

Dead MBP 2.2 4gig / New Aluminum iMacs / "Old" iPhones / 1st Gen Ipod Shuffle

cgc
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2008, 10:50 AM

Long live LaunchBar.

Forum Links
Forum Rules