Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > imported mail boxes in Mail

imported mail boxes in Mail
mcgarry101
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2007, 04:48 PM

Hi,
wondering if anyone has a solution for a problem I am having in Mail. I have imported two web based accounts in mail (gmail, and hotmail). Both these have been working fine, and when I click on the triangle beside 'inbox', they are both listed. However, since yesterday my httpmail (hotmail) account also shows up in the main list, ie, along with inbox, trash, sent etc. This then means I have two copies of this mailbox in mail (and it thus has all the folders that are found in my hotmail account). I havent done anything to do this, I just logged in, and there were two copies of the account.
Anyone any ideas?

David.

Miasis Dragon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2007, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by mcgarry101 View Post
Hi,
wondering if anyone has a solution for a problem I am having in Mail. I have imported two web based accounts in mail (gmail, and hotmail). Both these have been working fine, and when I click on the triangle beside 'inbox', they are both listed. However, since yesterday my httpmail (hotmail) account also shows up in the main list, ie, along with inbox, trash, sent etc. This then means I have two copies of this mailbox in mail (and it thus has all the folders that are found in my hotmail account). I havent done anything to do this, I just logged in, and there were two copies of the account.
Anyone any ideas?

David.
How did you 'import Hotmail and Gmail into Mac Mail? I'm not asking this to resolve your problem. I want to try importing accounts and I don't know how.
Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules