Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Convincing a PC Gamer to switch to Mac

Convincing a PC Gamer to switch to Mac (Page 2)
EFFENDI  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 15, 2006, 06:04 PM

Windows won't be part of 10.5, but the chance that virtualization (thereby eliminating dual-booting) is built-in is a definite possiblity.
iMac G4 15" 800/512MB/60GB
iMac G5 20" 1.8/768MB/160GB
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66/2GB/80GB
Mac Pro 2.66/X1900/3GB/3TB /Apple 23" Cinema HD Display

FurionStormrage
May 16, 2006, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Right, the famous leaker FurionStormrage. How could we doubt it when he says Windows will be part of 10.5?
If you go to http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006...5bootcamp.html and look at this section:

Pricing & Availability
The public beta of Boot Camp is available immediately as a download at www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp, and is preview software licensed for use on a trial basis for a limited time. The final version of Boot Camp will be available as a feature in the upcoming Mac OS X version 10.5 “Leopard.” Apple does not provide support for installing or running Boot Camp and does not sell or support Microsoft Windows software. Apple welcomes user feedback on Boot Camp at [email protected].
No where in my post did I claim that Windows would be bundled into Leopard. However, as is stated in the press release from Apple, Boot Camp is a scheduled feature in Leopard.

The assertion in the thread is that no one would want to install a beta product to run Windows so that you can run games. Since Boot Camp will no longer be a beta product once Leopard comes out, that objection falls to the wayside. Of course, it could be argued that Windows is a beta product, but that doesn't change the point I was trying to make...
I do not suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!

DekuDekuplex
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2006, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by FurionStormrage
Of course, it could be argued that Windows is a beta product, but that doesn't change the point I was trying to make...

Awesome quote.

-- DekuDekuplex
PowerBook® 17-inch [Rev. A] @ 1 GHz
512 MB RAM, 60 GB HD, AEBS, APP/PB
"Furuike ya, kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto."
-- Matsuo Basho

oldimacuser
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2006, 06:02 PM

You can get them an intel Mac and then load windows under bootcamp and then they can play those windows games if that is what they insist on but hopefully they will see how much more friendly the macs really are and will abondon the windows entirely. I have to use it for work and that is the only reason I have it on my machine but I am getting rid of the PC I had before BootCamp I have no need for it now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules