Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Adobe illustrator issues...

Adobe illustrator issues...
Rinpoche
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2003, 05:27 PM

Man I am getting pissed off with illustrator 10. the thing crashes with the 'this program has unexpectedly quit" message at least once an hour. is anyone else getting the same type of issues with this damn program? i don't mind saving continuously, but the fact thatit will self destruct on me at any given moment is quite disturbing. i'm a graphic designer so this is really horrible. terrible. am i the only one?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 10, 2003, 06:09 PM

No, you are not the only one. Version 10 is an unstable beast. I have stretches where I wont crash at all, but then there will be times where I will crash every 20 minutes or so. It's frustrating as hell. All I can say is make sure you're updated to the latest version, and of course, save often. Or, if you just can't stand it anymore, whip out version 8 and boot back into OS 9 and cruise along crash free!

tr
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2003, 09:44 PM

yeah, i've been using illustrator 10 a LOT these past couple days (have a portfolio due), and it's been pretty stable. i did get it to crash twice, though, but i think i was asking for it: i made some objects into guides, then i went in the prefs, and tried to change the guide colors (while they were still visible on the screen). the color picker came up, but then the computer locked up. had to reset.

other than those two instances (i did the above twice), it hasn't crashed at all, and i was running it the whole day (10+ hours).

tr

atomium
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 12, 2003, 12:04 PM

Are you guys working on files on a network? I had been having a lot of problems until I started moving files and working on them locally. Made a huge difference for me.

-atomium

Forum Links
Forum Rules