Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Eudora unknown error crash

Eudora unknown error crash
vander
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2000, 06:30 PM

Eudora 4.3.2 hasn't recently been giving me trouble. On launch, it occasionally crashes with either an "unknown" or "unexpected" error (I can't remember which because when I went to check, it launched. Fickle.). Any insights?
------
Wake now discover that you are the song that the morning brings.

rofga
Jun 1, 2000, 11:03 PM

i've had this too. while i'm new to eudora and am still trying to figure it out, i've noticed it doesn't crash as long as i'm on-line when starting up.

vander  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2000, 07:50 AM

This seems to be the case for me as well. However, it is a recent phenomenon; it only started in the last week. My prefs are set to only check mail while I'm online. How about yours?
------

rofga
Jun 2, 2000, 10:40 AM

me too, although i am having trouble getting eudora to accept my servers (i'm not terribly computer savy). i have been using outlook express, but wanted to try something else (especially because of the lack of security on o.e.). how do o.e. and eudora match up btw?

vander  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2000, 04:10 PM

I use Eudora at home and OE at work (both on Macs). Personally, I like the ease of use of OE but I like some of the horsepower of Eudora. For example, OE can't request a reply (notice that your mail was displayed) while Eudora can. I like OE's address book more, but I also like supporting a company other than MS. I also stick with Eudora because I've used it for a long time and I can tweek it more. Not to mention PGP support...
------

Forum Links
Forum Rules