Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Cold air and sleep issues

Cold air and sleep issues
cemo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2003, 09:56 AM

Okay so there goes my question:

I'v been now carrying me ibook on my backbag (theres own slot for machine and designed for laptops) and usually i just walk about mile or such and i use bus..

So on this time of year its a quite cold out there. So does cold air damage my computer anyhow on sleep mode?

Or is it just bad luck when i get my ibook to desk and open it and the little light near open switch goes off then but nothing comes to screen. But reboot will help..and it doesnt go to sleep even.
iBook 933 14" 640mb 40gb wlan bluetooth

zewm
Dec 16, 2003, 10:59 AM

Try tapping some keys, or moving the mouse. I wake mine up a lot of the time by pressing the space bar after I open it up.

orry_main
Forum Regular
Dec 16, 2003, 01:53 PM

I live in Montr�al and walk to classes through the winter. It's about a 25-30 minute walk. I also carry my iBook in my knapsack and have never had a problem with waking it up from sleep after it's been in the cold.

bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2003, 03:20 PM

I've been doing it for about 3-5 days a week now for the past year and a half in the summer and winter and nothing yet. These iBooks can take a beating.

Forum Links
Forum Rules