Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Pictures of U.S soldiers brought home in caskets.

Pictures of U.S soldiers brought home in caskets. (Page 2)
SVass
Mac Elite
May 1, 2005, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy
Do you have ANY, I repeat ANY information to back the claim that I or any Republicans or the vast majority of Americans at the time supported Hitler???
http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/1930sp5.html has a specific list of Congressmen who were Nazi supporters. I didn�t say that the majority of either party or Americans were supporters. I said that the Republican leadership went along and that they opposed the war.
The liberal �eastern establishment� Republicans were co-opted and supported FDR. Later these Republicans were booed at the 1964 convention and essentially read out of the party. The same �liberal� press that last year jumped on the Howard Dean scream jumped on the Goldwater speech.

Rather than listing the early misdeeds by Saddam Hussein (the charmer) which were legendary, I will respond to your belief that statecraft can be immoral (The enemy of my enemy is my friend). Carter ran for president opposing that idea and George Schultz also said that we should quit supporting dictators and providing anti-terrorist (torture) training to police forces of the world. Bush I, as head of the CIA and later vice-president, knew what was going on and didn�t care about niceties. Clinton concentrated on domestic affairs and Bush II appears to be as amoral as his father.

Taking prisoners to Uzbekistan for torture is a war crime. Uzbekistan and Syria are two more �friends� who will pay us back in the future. sam

RonnieoftheRose
May 1, 2005, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy

Republicans were actually real charmers who started off with progressive ideals for America. They originally sought to bring them out of oppression until they realized how profitible dictatorships are. These problems did not begin when they were wooing the world to support them against Iraq.

Do you have ANY, I repeat ANY information to back the claim that I or any Republicans or the vast majority of Americans at the time supported Hitler apart from corporations like IBM or individuals like Henry Ford???
Very fixed!

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2005, 01:59 PM

RonnieoftheRose; discussing the transgressions of IBM and Henry Ford in their alleged support for Hitler. Very fixed!
You might want to shut down and sell that IBM chipped wonder you're typing on. I'll take it for cheap since it's tainted with a history of support for Hitler.

BTW, what the heck is the problem with this forum lately? There seems to be an annoying little bug with previewing and posting. What's up admins? This is like an upgrade at work.
ebuddy

SVass
Mac Elite
May 1, 2005, 02:26 PM

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2005, 02:28 PM

A little on the "unbiased" link you presented. You linked me to the Public Eye and below is the first sentence of their mission statement;

Political Research Associates works to facilitate public understanding of the threat posed to human rights by oppressive and authoritarian right-wing movements in the United States.

Then you go on to say; "I didn�t say that the majority of either party or Americans were supporters. I said that the Republican leadership went along and that they opposed the war."

So, the Democratic leadership went along and that they opposed the war in Iraq and supported Al Queda and Saddam Hussein. C'mon brother. You have no point.
ebuddy

f1000
Professional Poster
May 1, 2005, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by SVass
Now we hear the Republican creed, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Nothing like having a good friend.

PacHead
Baninated
May 1, 2005, 03:27 PM

It's pretty funny when certain democrats accuse republicans of being this:

It's even funnier, when that particular democratic (byrd) used to look like this:

RonnieoftheRose
May 1, 2005, 10:15 PM

Weird. KKK has mostly Republican members and based in Southass states.

loki74
Mac Elite
May 1, 2005, 11:57 PM

Svass: the very fact that you like the NY Times explains why you are so misinformed.

BTW this has gotten completely off topic. But i'll follow the current line of discussion anyway.

Republicans vs. Democrats. I've seen good and bad on both sides. I am a Republican. I have a number of Democrat friends, and even family members. Some of my Democrat family members say that the Democratic party isnt really what "real" Democrats stand for (in favor of something more conservative). Interesting.

On that note: Democrats are some of the most foolish, arrogant, dim-witted, self righteous, out-and-out sickening people on earth. I dont mean to generalize, obviusly you have the moderates, but they are far and few between. Where as on the Republican side, you have everything from almost Democrat to the overy-passionate-takes-sh!t-too-seriously guy.

The war in Iraq is comrapble, and VERY much so at that, to WWII. And dont freaking throw around that pure bullsh!t about "May God forgive..." and "shitting on [whatever]" My grandfater was in that war, fighting as a Japanese-American. Just one of the fortunate Japanese people who had the chance to prove their loyalty before a certain DEMOCRAT decreed that they ALL were not.

You liberals all talk about how the rich are obligated to share what they have made by their hard work with the poor. Well why the hell should America NOT share its riches, the riches of freedom, with the poor (in this case the Iraqis, who thusfar had NO freedoms. And NO they were NOT happy being killed and raped by Saddam and his family, so dont even try that donkey sh!t.)

ebuddy, budster, zimph:

Super Mario
May 2, 2005, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by loki74
the overy-passionate-takes-sh!t-too-seriously guy says

You liberals all talk about how the rich are obligated to share what they have made by their hard work with the poor. Well why the hell should America NOT share its riches, the riches of freedom, with the poor (in this case the Iraqis, who thusfar had NO freedoms. And NO they were NOT happy being killed and raped by Saddam and his family, so dont even try that donkey sh!t.)
k

The war in Iraq is comrapble, and VERY much so at that, to WWII.
Criminal

Super Mario
May 2, 2005, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by SVass
Stomach turning

Forum Links
Forum Rules