Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Suggest a good used car INSURANCE for me....please :)

Suggest a good used car INSURANCE for me....please :)
historylme
Mac Elite
May 11, 2005, 12:57 PM

This thread in a complimentary thread to NREDMAN's thread about buying a used car.

I'm also in the same boat, or car for this analogy. I been wondering which insurance firm offers the best prices, and if I should pay in one sum. for the whole year.

Who's your car insurance?
Are they good ? or have they been good to you?
Which ones should I avoid like the plague?
Do I go for basic or full coverage? [Remember, this will be a used car, no more the 3K worth]

cheers.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
May 11, 2005, 01:24 PM

Laws differ from state to state. In michigan, you only have to carry PL and PD, not full coverage, on a vehicle paid off in full (no matter what age it is). So, to answer your question, you have to answer more yourself. Do you owe anything on the vehicle? What state do you live in? What laws are in your state? Compare prices on esurance.com and progressive.com and go from there. It is free to look at policies.

historylme  (op)
Mac Elite
May 11, 2005, 01:40 PM

I'll check the sites out. I was go on line but I wanted to hear if anyone here had some warnings/pittfalls to avoid or inversly, great stuff to check out.

I live in N. California, and here it's required to have basic coverage if you will be driving.

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2005, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by history1me
I'll check the sites out. I was go on line but I wanted to hear if anyone here had some warnings/pittfalls to avoid or inversly, great stuff to check out.

I live in N. California, and here it's required to have basic coverage if you will be driving.
mercury is probably going to be the cheapest, reputable company you will be able to find in cali.

bostonblizz21
Baninated
Sep 27, 2005, 05:26 AM

try http://www.oneshopinsurance.com cheaper! they got online insurance quote. sch weet!
( Last edited by bostonblizz21; Jan 11, 2006 at 06:26 AM. )

cyberbjorne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2005, 05:53 AM

hey guys you can you visit this site if you have problem or needed to buy insurance..

They offer free insurance quote online really fast. :

visit them at :http://www.oneshopinsurance.com
( Last edited by cyberbjorne; Feb 14, 2006 at 02:36 AM. )

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2005, 09:15 AM

Geico.

I've had Allstate and USAA insurances and Geico is, BY FAR, the best.

Even when they pay a claim - several thousand dollars the day after a hurricane killed our car.

I love them.

macroy
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2005, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
Geico.

I've had Allstate and USAA insurances and Geico is, BY FAR, the best.

Even when they pay a claim - several thousand dollars the day after a hurricane killed our car.

I love them.

Wow - What did USAA do to you that made you not like them? I've never had a problem with them.....in fact, they've been down right extremely helpful. I'd recommend them to everyone if they were "open" to the masses at large.

historylme  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2005, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by El Gato
mercury is probably going to be the cheapest, reputable company you will be able to find in cali.

I check them out and went with them, they were the cheapest. Thanks El Gato.

*this is the first time that an old thread of mine gets resurected. OH YEAH, go zombie thread.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2005, 05:30 PM

to finish that other thread about finding a used car, i ended up buying a 87 buick lesabre from my bro-in-law. and i just put it on my current insurance - drive insurance

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Forum Links
Forum Rules