Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Keyboard not responding in Boot Camp

Keyboard not responding in Boot Camp
wbnjr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2006, 09:28 AM

Have anew dual 1.83 Itel IMac and have just tried to load XP Home edition. When I get to the screen where I am asked to load windows (enter), repair(r), or equit (F3) the usb supplied keyboard does not respond.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

osvar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2006, 05:06 PM

I am getting the same problem with my macbook pro (2.16 ghz intel duo) .. when the computer boots in order to install the windows xp and shows the blue screen with "PRESS ENTER TO INSTALL THE WIN XP....R TO REPAIR..." my keyboard just does not seem to respond to anything...

If anybody knows how to fix tis problem please help us out here.

osvar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2006, 05:12 PM

hey bro, i fixed the problem...well..... at least it worked for me...I unplugged my mightymouse (usb connector) from my macbook and restarted and tried to install winxp one more time... that seemed to be the problem for me... try unplugging your mouse while you do this....

hope it works out 4 u dude.

phihungnz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2006, 11:57 AM

Hi Osvar & wbnjr
I had the same problem, a few times. I thought there was something wrong with my Macbook & Macbook Pro ( I own both)

then I tried to unplug the mightymouse, still didn't work.

then my friend who sitting next to me found out the problem.

Actually, we shouldn't press the Enter (return) button. Windows setup won't be able to understand that button (not yet).
Next time, when that blue screen appears, you press the enter button ( the little one next to Home Button) , then it will work. It works perfectly for me.

It would be better if you unplug the mightymouse.

Hope you will receive the same result as me.

Cheers guys!
Phil

Forum Links
Forum Rules