Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Pictures of your iMac setup

Pictures of your iMac setup (Page 14)
SLiMeX
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 04:18 PM

Wait. I am confused now. How do I span across two monitors? One being a 19" CRT monitor and the other being the monitor built into my iMac. Help? PM me!
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

thursdaythrice
Apr 4, 2006, 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=iREZ]

Beautiful.
What size/model is the dell monitor it looks real nice.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2006, 04:03 AM

thanks

its an fp2005 20" widescreen...i would assume that the 24" widescreen dell monitor with a 20" imac would look identical in ratio. if i had any advice to give, its that you should wait till the new sharper looking dell monitors are released, they look snazzy.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

HattoriHanzo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2006, 07:15 PM

Intel iMac dual cores @ 2ghz
2GB RAM
256MB ati x1600
250gb HD
24inch DULL
wacom A5 wide
Powerbook 12inch 1.33ghz thrown in under the imac for good measure!

MacOS-Fan
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2006, 08:27 PM

The reversed screens there look sweet!
20" iMac (Intel CoreDuo)
- 2 GB's of RAM
- Logitech X530 Sound System

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2006, 09:14 PM

http://flovaweb.com.ar/files/318-386...0420060609.JPG

My setup consists of a PBG3-333Mhz with RAM upgraded to 192MB, Apple Pro Mouse, and Epson Stylus Color 880i. It runs OS 9.2.2 The other is an iMac DV SE 400Mhz with HDD upgraded to 40GB, RAM upgraded to 256MB, 2.1 Labtec speakers, and a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (just for the hell of it). It runs 10.3.9.

EDIT: linked both pics. they are pretty big.

EDIT AGAIN: I made one show.

hldan
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2006, 11:35 PM

OMG this ish is so old skool!
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

kick52
Baninated
Apr 9, 2006, 05:52 AM

heres my G3. bit of an old picture, gotta take a new one.

iMac G3, PowerMac G4, RM Screen, Macintosh LC475 under it,Acorn A4000 under that.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2006, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by hldan
OMG this ish is so old skool!
The iMac is my primary computer. I use it in place of my P4 3 Ghz Northwood core. I was thinking about hooking it back up, as my room is now noticably colder in its absence.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Apr 10, 2006, 03:33 PM

love that wallpaper...got a link

i keed i keed

dkwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by HattoriHanzo
2GB RAM
256MB ati x1600
250gb HD
24inch DULL
wacom A5 wide

Is that powerbook underneath the iMac? It's hard to tell from the photos. If not, how did you get the 2405 to line up so well with the iMac? From Dell's specs, the 2405's minimum height is 22", which is about 3" taller than the 20" iMac.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 10, 2006, 08:43 PM

the answer to your question is right infront of you dkwong ;-) read hats description

dkwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 10:38 PM

I saw that, but I don't see the foot of the iMac, so I wanted to ask for clarification. Perhaps it's tucked into the packaging of the Powerbook?

HattoriHanzo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 01:11 AM

Yeh, its a 12 inch powerbook resting on the foot of the imac - in a tucano microfiber case.

Nothin magic about the dell - it actually goes down a little further than that too

mgsupport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 10:05 AM

(Click to go bigger)

This was my desk a few weeks ago, I moved my router out from under the speaker, jigged things around a bit, but its essentially the same.
Stuart Frisby

dkwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 01:52 PM

Yeh, its a 12 inch powerbook resting on the foot of the imac - in a tucano microfiber case.

Nothin magic about the dell - it actually goes down a little further than that too
Sorry to keep beating on this issue, but I really want to get a 2405fpw to go with my 20" iMac but first want to make sure that the setup is aesthetically pleasing. So you're saying that the 2405fpw can be adjusted to match up with the height of the 20" iMac without raising the iMac off of the table?

HattoriHanzo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 02:03 PM

i can only vouch for mine - but yes... fits perfectly!

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by StuartF
This was my desk a few weeks ago, I moved my router out from under the speaker, jigged things around a bit, but its essentially the same.
How do you like those JBL speakers? I'm thinking of getting a pair. At the moment I have some logitech 2.1 system, and to be fair it gives a nice sound, but they look so ugly next to my lovely white iMac!
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

mgsupport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by harrisjamieh
How do you like those JBL speakers? I'm thinking of getting a pair. At the moment I have some logitech 2.1 system, and to be fair it gives a nice sound, but they look so ugly next to my lovely white iMac!
I love them, the sound is really, really good, and I'm using them constantly during the day, sound is still clear at high volumes, and they look really god next to my iMac too. I'd recommend them.
Stuart Frisby

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 11:00 AM

(Click to go bigger)

White PSP=awesome

mgsupport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tuoder
White PSP=awesome
Believe it or not, I just sold it this morning, as amazing a piece of kit as it is, I hardly ever used it. I'll get a DS lite instead, It'll be little a little brother to my iBook.
Stuart Frisby

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 02:56 PM

Believe it or not, I just sold it this morning, as amazing a piece of kit as it is, I hardly ever used it. I'll get a DS lite instead, It'll be little a little brother to my iBook.
I like my DS alot, but it doesn't match everything else on your desk. That was the thing that jumped at me because PSP are black when I see them.

Forum Regular
Apr 12, 2006, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tuoder
I like my DS alot, but it doesn't match everything else on your desk. That was the thing that jumped at me because PSP are black when I see them.
A DS Lite would.

MacFairy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 13, 2006, 05:45 AM

2GB RAM
256MB ati x1600
250gb HD
24inch DULL
wacom A5 wide

Where did you get you desktop background from... its well cool!
Macbook Pro: 1.83Ghz, 120GB HD, 1GB ram
iPod: 30GB

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2006, 05:50 AM

At a guess I'd say he drew it himself, that's a Wacom on his desk...

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

MacFairy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 13, 2006, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by WOPR
At a guess I'd say he drew it himself, that's a Wacom on his desk...
I thought it might be. Its a Wacom wide, i've one of them there awesom! well recomended.
Macbook Pro: 1.83Ghz, 120GB HD, 1GB ram
iPod: 30GB

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2006, 01:08 AM

I realized I already posted my desktop but I'm updating it with a much better picture. The last one was grainy and not under very good lighting.

here it is! And to the guy who had a question about the Acer 19" 1916ws, that's it wallmounted beside my iMac.

apattee
Apr 15, 2006, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by stefanicotine
I realized I already posted my desktop but I'm updating it with a much better picture. The last one was grainy and not under very good lighting.

here it is! And to the guy who had a question about the Acer 19" 1916ws, that's it wallmounted beside my iMac.

How do you find the Acer 19" 1916WS? i'm going to be picking up one next week and i'm looking forward to it, coming from a 15" CRT to a 19" WS LCD

theokandroid
Forum Regular
Apr 15, 2006, 01:02 PM

For a second I didnt even notice your iMac, it's like a chameleon.

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2006, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by theokandroid
For a second I didnt even notice your iMac, it's like a chameleon.
hehe yeah, it's an odd picture. I had some really cool lighting coming in from the side of my room that lit the beauty right up

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2006, 11:30 PM

you get what you pay for. it's not a bad monitor at all but i don't recommend it for graphic work. the backlighting is rather uneven at the top and bottom of the screen (you'll see it if you have a solid color). No ghosting though, and looks sexy wallmounted It's a good buy. Not the BEST buy, but definitely a good one. Can't beat the price. If you're willing to spend an extra 50 bucks though, the Viewsonic 19" widescreen with DVI and VGA ports (switchable too, from the front interface) would probably be a better choice
( Last edited by stefanicotine; Apr 16, 2006 at 04:01 AM. )

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2006, 01:25 PM

stefanicotine: Nice setup and nice pic!
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

apattee
Apr 16, 2006, 07:59 PM

you get what you pay for. it's not a bad monitor at all but i don't recommend it for graphic work. the backlighting is rather uneven at the top and bottom of the screen (you'll see it if you have a solid color). No ghosting though, and looks sexy wallmounted It's a good buy. Not the BEST buy, but definitely a good one. Can't beat the price. If you're willing to spend an extra 50 bucks though, the Viewsonic 19" widescreen with DVI and VGA ports (switchable too, from the front interface) would probably be a better choice

Thanks for the feedback i'm still going to get the Acer 1916WS as I can get an awesome deal on it, 20% off, the total is like 3oo$ CAD. I'm excited to make the transition from CRT to LCD, and i'm looking forward to the possibilty of purchasing a Mac Mini Intel Core Single next month around this time.

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2006, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by CEns
Thanks for the feedback i'm still going to get the Acer 1916WS as I can get an awesome deal on it, 20% off, the total is like 3oo$ CAD. I'm excited to make the transition from CRT to LCD, and i'm looking forward to the possibilty of purchasing a Mac Mini Intel Core Single next month around this time.
oh my word! i missed the part about you using a CRT! your gonna love the Acer that much more then! Woooo! have fun with it!! And thats a smokin deal, where are you getting it from?

thursdaythrice
Apr 17, 2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by CEns

My question also, where are you getting the Acer 1916WS from?

praveen
Apr 17, 2006, 12:49 PM

I just bought this during feb this year, should have bought the intel imac lolx... Btw my set up for my mac!

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 17, 2006, 01:36 PM

mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 17, 2006, 11:09 PM

iMac Core Duo 20 inch, iPod Video Black 60 GB and JBL Creature II speakers
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My Gadgets: 24" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Wireless Mighty Mouse // MacBook Pro 17" 2.44Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM / 8GB Apple iPhone/ JBL Spot/ Canon SD850 w/ 4GB Card/ Canon XTi Rebel Black.[/FONT]

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2006, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by thiagofll
iMAC INTEL CORE DUO 2.0 Ghz/2GB RAM/ 500 GB HARD DRIVE/ATI RADEON X1600 256MB UPGRADED VRAM/ BUILT IN iSIGHT
iPOD VIDEO 30GB WHITE
We get it, your rich haha jokes jokes, I love your set up. Very clean, very aesthetic

praveen
Apr 18, 2006, 11:20 AM

Thiagofll, cool set up... simple and sweet

iREZ
Professional Poster
Apr 18, 2006, 12:39 PM

where's the keyboard and mouse?...im assuming in the drawer, if so do you use them while in the drawer or are they wireless so you could use em where you please?

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 18, 2006, 12:49 PM

Hey guys, thank you for all the compliments! The middle drawer opens, so I have my mouse and keyboard in there. The drawer's front part drops to provide support for your hands while typing (it is a computer desk even though it doesn't really look like one). It's a pretty cool desk, when I saw I had to have it. I used scotch packing tape to make it look nice and neat LOL. All the wires are taped behind the desk. The JBL speaker's wires are the worse though...
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My Gadgets: 24" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Wireless Mighty Mouse // MacBook Pro 17" 2.44Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM / 8GB Apple iPhone/ JBL Spot/ Canon SD850 w/ 4GB Card/ Canon XTi Rebel Black.[/FONT]

irockdabari
Forum Regular
Apr 18, 2006, 03:41 PM

thiagofll

did you know that in your signature you state that you have a white iPod Video 30GB instead of the black one seen in your picture, and in the note you wrote on your picture?

just noticed...
iMac G4 800Mhz 256 MB, 12" iBook G4 1.0 Ghz 768 MB, 12" PowerBook G4, 1.5 Ghz, 1.25 GB RAM

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 18, 2006, 03:49 PM

Yeah I used to have the white iPod, but sold it and got the 60 GB Black instead..I forgot to update my signature...

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2006, 07:44 PM

The JBL speaker's wires are the worse though...
Blasphemy! *jokesjokes* What don't you like about them? I tested some out in an Apple Reseller and though they don't really compare with digital 5.1, they have a nice sound. I don't know much about speakers though, I guess if you were picky about your sound then they wouldn't cut it hey?

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 18, 2006, 07:47 PM

No No they sound great...I was talking about the wires, they are the worse to hide...too clunky...I love my JBL Creature they sound just as good as the Bose companion 3....

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2006, 10:23 PM

I'm very glad you clarified that!!! Had you not, well, let's just say I'd have to roundhouse kick your macaroni!!!!111one

Ado
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2006, 09:52 PM

Can I pelase have the link were you got that nice wallpaper from?

[email protected]

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 20, 2006, 10:34 PM

That wallpaper will look GROSS stretched across two screens like I did. I only did that for the picture because it looks cool from a distance. But if you're on a single screen then it's a VERY complimentary wallpaper for the iMac. I got it from Mandolux's website, and I suggest you check out the rest of his work. Alot of great wallpapers for single, dual, triple, and even quadruple screens.

The link to his website is here (He uses frames, so it's illogical to direct link to the image, because I'm sure you'd like to select a resolution) http://mandolux.com/

The image I used is called "Darkness/Leaf" and it can be found in the Archive under the year 2006, the month 03, and the day 12.
 Certified AppleCare Technician

Velocity211
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2006, 11:29 PM

iMac Core Duo 20 inch, iPod Video Black 60 GB and JBL Creature II speakers
That setup is really nice, I wish my office space was tidy as that.
iMac 24" | Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HD
PowerBook G4 15" HR | 1.67GHz | 2GB RAM | 100GB HD
R.I.P 1995 Toyota Supra NA-T

Forum Links
Forum Rules