Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP Screen Protector

MBP Screen Protector
quilmes
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2006, 10:44 AM

Ok Guys,

I need to know what the real story is. I have never seen those key marks on my screen that everyone talks about, but have no intentions of taking a chance. I bought a ShaggyMac screen protector for my MBP and have one concern. It puts pressure on the clasp when closed. It makes it a little bit harder to close my computer. Nothing serious, but I don't want to wear down my clasp.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Does anyone know of any thin screen protectors? (Does paper really work, or would i scratch my screen?)

MacFairy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2006, 11:13 AM

I've just been using the material that came with my mbp when i got it. It;s really thin and slightly furry on one side to protect the screenm, works fine for me and it was free!
Macbook Pro: 1.83Ghz, 120GB HD, 1GB ram
iPod: 30GB

Trygve
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2006, 11:58 AM

I use a ShaggyMac on my ALBook 15 and have one on its way for the MBP - no problems and they are very soft.

geraldartman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2006, 12:01 PM

I did have the fingerprints on my Ti and AL17. I used coolshield and am waiting for a MBP to come in. It a sleeve over the screen half. Helps keep the outside kleen also. Although I am really enamoured with the laser etching - definitely drool worthy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules