Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: 45W Power adapter for 65W

FT: 45W Power adapter for 65W
acorder
Forum Regular
Mar 19, 2008, 03:11 PM

I recently purchased a Powerbook G4 off eBay and it arrived with the incorrect power adapter. The revision I have requires the 65W adapter; the 45W I have is for previous versions or iBooks. Does anyone find him/herself in a similar predicament? I'd love to trade for the correct one rather than having to buy a 65W and then sell this one separately.

Anyone?

techound1
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2008, 04:04 PM

I've got a 65w genuine apple one in good cosmetic condition. Where it came from I'll never know (maybe the socks in the dryer that transmuted into energy reformed into it...).

Do you have the apple one or an aftermarket model? Pay the postage both ways and toss in something fun and you have a deal.

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 19, 2008, 06:14 PM

It's the Apple one, and it works just fine, but it because of the rating it charges my battery slowly and prevents me from doing any firmware updatage.

I can pay postage both ways but I'm afraid that since I just moved cross-country a few weeks ago, I'm a little low on the fun stuff lying around. Fun stuff got sold or stored. I can do something random, though I'm not sure if that idea's quite as savory...

techound1
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2008, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by acorder View Post
I can pay postage both ways but I'm afraid that since I just moved cross-country a few weeks ago, I'm a little low on the fun stuff lying around. Fun stuff got sold or stored. I can do something random, though I'm not sure if that idea's quite as savory...
Hmm... I trust you'll do your best . PM and we'll work out details.

Forum Links
Forum Rules