Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Incident at a customer location.

Incident at a customer location.
wolfen
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2004, 03:40 PM

So I'm at a customer's office diagnosing a firewall problem. I'm typing away in a cubicle and I hear this moaning behind me. I ignore it at first...but it starts up again.

I get up to find one of the scientists trying to use the badge-reader so he can get into the labs. This is actually a friend of mine (We went to the NHL Draft last week). For some reason he seemed disoriented, and I remembered that he is diabetic. I go up to help him and see his hand covered in blood.

He was obviously delerious. I say "OK, Joe, why don't we come over here and sit down a while," and help him to a chair. As he plops down I notice the back of his head soaked with blood and a good gash that keeps the juice flowing strong. I quickly run for some candy and a soda, grab paper towels for his head, and get people to help out.

Joe is moaning and intermittently his body is jerking. "His blood sugar must be low," I say, "Look at his spasms. I hope it's not from that gash!" I was concerned his head injury might be even more serious than it looked and that he was stroking.

"No," groans Joe, "That's just from the pain." Joe would later tell me that he didn't remember any of this, and remembers only arriving at the hospital. He arrived with a sugar level of 27.

Anyway, he was in the bathroom and was going to wash his hands...but he doesn't remember doing so. It seems he feinted in front of the sink, slamming down onto it jaw-first. Then, still unconscious, dropped hard onto the floor with the back of his head taking the brunt of the fall and splitting it open. This explains the head-sized puddle of blood in the middle of the bathroom. Upon awaking, Joe decided to get up and head back to work in the lab. If he had remained unconscious on the bathroom floor or made it through the lab door, he might not have lived to talk about it.

Catscans and X-rays show no serious damage, but his jaw, neck, and shoulders are very stiff and painful. He is still under a lot of pain. He actually came into work the next day...the idiot.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

boardsurfer
Jul 1, 2004, 03:48 PM

wow, good going wolfen. I wold have been scared shitless.

Joe decided to get up and head back to work in the lab
Sounds like he needs a raise!

/just a flesh wound!

agentz
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2004, 04:34 PM

Head wounds bleed like buggery
MI5 doesn't do evil. Just treachery, treason and armageddon.

f1000
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2004, 05:23 PM

Nice job, wolfen. You were the guy's guardian angel.

f1000
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2004, 05:27 PM

Originally posted by boardsurfer:
Sounds like he needs a raise!

/just a flesh wound!
It's that damn American work ethic...

"Bleed? I ain't got time to bleed!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules