Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Will Macbook Air Have Stereo Bluetooth That Works?

Will Macbook Air Have Stereo Bluetooth That Works?
bajajoe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2008, 06:14 PM

Do you think that the MBA will fix the issues with blue tooth stereo headsets?There is no mention of stereo bluetooth support in the Apple web site but I found this in a forum any thoughts or real facts would be appreciated. Check this!
Thoughts Abound: Leopard Loves A2DP
Now this is not MB Air specific it does mention Leopard. When will they get it we want bluetooth Stereo now (with microphone support)! No more wires right! Thats what MB Air is supposed to be about. With that said I still ordered it and hope they resolve this.

sph
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2008, 10:41 AM

It says that the audio out function is analog. Does that matter? Can you still have stereo out via BlueTooth when the audio signal is analog?

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by sph View Post
It says that the audio out function is analog. Does that matter? Can you still have stereo out via BlueTooth when the audio signal is analog?
not the same thing; for example, you can get digital in/out on the mb air with a usb audio interface.

the question is a good one; seems if the os supports it, and bt is at 2.1, should work.
anyone know for sure?
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

bajajoe  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2008, 10:34 PM

Yes analog stereo out fromt the mini jack. I realize that there are blue tooth stereo dongles available both for the usb and the mini jack. jabra makes them as well as blue ant there are also usb sound cards but I would prefer that apple would have blue tooth stereo out since they are advocating no more wires and have blue tooth built in. I put a link in my first post about a clunky workaround . I think the software needs a update from apple.

Forum Links
Forum Rules