Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone here using Google Voice? What do you think of it? ...

Anyone here using Google Voice? What do you think of it? ...
cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 3, 2009, 09:11 AM

Interested in your thoughts.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2009, 09:29 AM

I'm using it, and really like it. Since I just moved it gave me the ability to have a local number here in DC without having to get rid of my old number that everyone already has. The free text messaging doesn't matter to me (we have unlimited text messaging for our AT&T family plan already, and unless everyone switching to using Google Voice there's no point in canceling that), but the voicemail transcripts are awesome, and the fact that you can very easily screen calls and also set how to handle calls from particular numbers including sending them straight to voicemail or even just blocking them means I don't really need to worry about giving out my GV number freely.

The only thing that would make it better is if it would fully integrate with my iPhone the way it does on an Android phone. I'm actually seriously considering switching because of that.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2009, 09:43 AM

I'd love to try it, but can't seem to get in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules