Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Should I get this checked out?

Should I get this checked out?
MadanKnightRyukendo
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2007, 05:31 PM

My iPod nano 2 GB 1st Gen is doing something weird, and has been for awhile now. As soon as I eject it from iTunes and unplug it, the Play button doesn't immediately work. I'll hold it down to shut off the iPod until I need it, but nothing happens and the backlight shuts off, and then the backlight goes back on as soon as I let go of the button. This usually goes on for at least 20-30 seconds. Also, I've noticed that certain songs cause different little effects. Sometimes the forward/backwards buttons don't respond right away, sometimes they take a little longer to switch to them, and sometimes they causes a very visible delay in the backlight turning on (it really looks sluggish).

I bought it at the Radioshack I work at and I have a service plan, so should I try to get a replacement or at least try another repair? I've sent it in before for what I thought were battery problems, and if I remember correctly, last time they actually claimed they had to replace the hold switch.

"Listen, I don't do warning shots: From start to end, it's completely a climax. Say your prayers."

buymeaniphone
Banned
Mar 16, 2007, 10:03 PM

yes

MadanKnightRyukendo  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2007, 09:02 AM

Well, I called the Service Plan idiots yesterday, and they refused to do anything other than a third repair, but I refuse to send it to our local service center after all the times they've recently screwed up. But, my manager said he'd call the service center himself and tell them to replace it since it would be the third time out to repair.

"Listen, I don't do warning shots: From start to end, it's completely a climax. Say your prayers."

Forum Links
Forum Rules