Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Bluetooth Handsfree App?

Bluetooth Handsfree App?
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2010, 11:28 PM

Are there any apps that can make my Macs act like Bluetooth Handsfree systems? My car has handsfree bluetooth built in, and when the phone rings, the radio turns off and the number calling pops up on my radio. Then I was thinking, there's no reason why I couldn't have something similar on my Mac. Whenever my phone rang, a little window could pop up, and if I answered, i'd use the Mac's speakers and Mic as a speakerphone over bluetooth. I little menubar item could let me bring up a skype-like dial pad to make calls. Addressbook integration would also be a plus. It wouldn't have to sync to my phone's address book, since my phone already syncs to my computer's address book

SO, anything like this exist?

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2010, 06:12 PM

Introducing Phone Amego

I don’t know anything about this product, but there was a link to it on the page of BluePhoneElite, a discontinued app with some of the aforementioned functionality. A cursory glance at the site for Phone Amego implies that it can handle a lot of what you’re looking for.

Also, Salling Clicker can perform some actions, like playback/volume control when you get phone calls, as well as proximity stuff (logging in/out of iChat), but only with certain phone models.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2010, 08:04 PM

Just tried out Phone Amego. Seems like its just what I was looking for, but doesn't appear to function at all. I'll have to look into it a little closer later on.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2010, 10:53 PM

Got Phone Amego working on my macbook pro. It seems to work pretty good. It doesn't like the USB bluetooth adapter on my mac pro though. My mac pro is really where I'd be using it the most. I'm emailing the company, we'll see what they say.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2012, 12:52 PM

Anyone know of any OTHER bluetooth handsfree type apps.

I just spend a few days trying again to get this app working, now with my iPhone 4s. It's very buggy. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it will not. It has lots of options but they are not intuitive and not well explained. And you can't do basic things like bring up a number pad to navigate through a recorded menu system. And above all that, it's a $30 app. I'd pay $30 if it worked. :/

Forum Links
Forum Rules