Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > If on battery then turn off bluetooth

If on battery then turn off bluetooth
post_break
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2007, 12:01 PM

Ok so here is the deal, I use my wireless mouse when Im sitting at my desk. I want to be able to automagically kill bluetooth if the AC power is off. Would there be a simple way of doing this? I would think this could be a really useful tool not just for me but for anyone who uses bluetooth when stationary and wants to conserve battery when on the go. Thanks in advance!

post_break  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 4, 2007, 12:15 PM

Bump, I still cant find anything. Can anyone help me out?

Cold Warrior
Jul 4, 2007, 12:33 PM

Just keep it in your menu bar and select "off."

amazing
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2007, 12:41 PM

In OS 9, you were able to turn control panels and extensions on and off using Location Manager. Don't know of anything like that in X. Still, Apple implemented it once, so maybe they'll do it later in the system development cycle.

Best you can do is "show bluetooth status in menu bar" which will allow you to turn bluetooth on and off a little bit quicker than going to Sys Prefs. My menu bar is a little crowded, so I just slog through Prefs.

post_break  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 4, 2007, 01:07 PM

I was afraid that this would be the only way I could do it. Im gonna keep looking around and see if some applescript would allow me to automate this process.

Forum Links
Forum Rules