Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Apple Care. How customer service should be.

Apple Care. How customer service should be.
post_break
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2007, 11:58 PM

Well this all started when my ipod touch started to hiccup. First safari started to become unreliable and then I noticed the multiple dead pixels glowing white (maybe they were stuck pixels, who knows). I called apple care yesterday to see what my options were. The woman on the other end told me that she was surprised that I even had an itouch considering she still thought they were in production. Not exactly the type of thing I want to hear. After about five minutes of explaining my problem she told me that a box could be on my doorstep within a few days for me to ship the ipod back to apple. I complied and this is where the customer support of a true company shined through.

After getting out of my horrible diversity in the workplace class around 2pm I drove home to a box wedged in my front door. I didn't order anything I thought to myself. Well it was the box to ship my ipod out woot. So I open it up and I notice something odd inside. The standard packing foam and instructions as to how to ship the device were a given but there was an odd piece of plastic sitting in the middle of all the foam. After a few moments of starring at in I realized apple not only covered the shipping to and from my home, they also gave me a dozen pieces of tape to seal the box.

I placed the ipod into the plastic bag, removed the backing to the sticker, and sealed the box. At this point I called up DHL and scheduled a pickup for tomorrow before four pm. I started to wonder if they would actually show up considering I told a machine my address. After five tries I gave up and went with a train wreck pronunciation of my address.

I got to work around 4pm only to receive a phone call 15 minutes into my shift. It was DHL confirming that they received my package and it was on its way to apple.

I don't know if I am just lucky or what but damn, It took less than 24 hours to get a box and a little over 6 hours to get my ipod on the way back to apple.

Now lets just see if apple can keep possession of the ball and get me my ipod next week or the week after without dropping the ball. Is this treatment normal? I am just curious as to what everyone's experience with apple care is like.

Forum Links
Forum Rules