Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Preview in Panther

Preview in Panther
benz
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2003, 09:59 PM

i do a lot of browsing and word processing in pdf format.
i am using preview in OS panther, and get the following issue:
in copying the table or figure from Preview by using the select tool , and paste , says , to powerpoint, i found the "table, or figure" quality is very poor , with poor resolution, and seem worse than that in Acrobat reader. are there any tricks in copy and paste, or should i use acrobat reader 6.0 instead? regards

kooBi
Nov 19, 2003, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by benz:
i do a lot of browsing and word processing in pdf format.
i am using preview in OS panther, and get the following issue:
in copying the table or figure from Preview by using the select tool , and paste , says , to powerpoint, i found the "table, or figure" quality is very poor , with poor resolution, and seem worse than that in Acrobat reader. are there any tricks in copy and paste, or should i use acrobat reader 6.0 instead? regards

One thing I sometimes do is scale the figure I want so that it takes up as much screen as possible, and then screen capture the figure (Cmd+Shift+4). This gives reasonable quality from what I've found, although not having tried the Preview+select method I can't say whether it's better

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2003, 01:25 AM

It's Powerpoint's fault. I tried this with Keynote and Powerpoint. In Keynote, the pasted graphic retains all of its postscript goodness. But in Powerpoint, it just pasted in a bitmap.

Chris

benz  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 20, 2003, 10:06 AM

i do try copy and paste same figureby Acrobat reader 6.0 and preview to Powerpoint respectively, and seem better quality by acrobat.

Forum Links
Forum Rules