Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Purchased Music?? NOT purchased music!

Purchased Music?? NOT purchased music!
2Four
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2005, 09:34 AM

Hi There.
I'm new to this forum, please excuse any errors.
I figured I'm posting in the right forum, cause of the fact that this covers more than one application. I figure the problem is Mac OSX

The problem is this:
Burning an Audio CD in Toast AND Dragonburn, results in a mounted cd, that is labeled, "Purchased Music".
The music is not purchased, it is music produced by an independant artist.
All tracks were named and 'cd-text' button was selected in Toast.
After burning...the tracks were renamed to something completely different, then was intended.

Is this an OS X failing?

Specs:
Dual 2ghz G5
Toast 6.0.7
DragonBurn 4.1.20

Any help would be great Appreciated!
TIA!

mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2005, 09:43 AM

Welscome to the forum 2Four.

First off, that actyually goes in the Applications/Software forum. Even though it covers multiple applications, its still covering just that, Applications.

I'm not really sure why it would do any of that, I haven't used Toast in a few years as I now do all my burning via the included burning tools/software in OS X. But all I can tell you for sure though is, its not an OS X failing issue.

Have you tried simply burning the CD via iTunes? Just import the songs you want into iTunes, put them in a playlist. Title the playlist to be whatever you want the CD to be called. Enter all the data (song/artist/etc) via iTunes, and just hit Burn in the top right corner.

Hope that at least gives you a starting point.

Cheers!
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

2Four  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2005, 09:54 AM

Thanx.

The story gets stranger...
Our 'Purchased Music' Cd was put into our quicksilver machine, which is running tiger, and itunes 5.
Guess what? In the finder, it is labeld 'audio CD' as it should be. But itunes, does not see the mounted CD. *sigh*

btw..should I repost this thread in the correct forum or let this one run it's course?
TIA!

Originally Posted by mpancha
Welscome to the forum 2Four.

First off, that actyually goes in the Applications/Software forum. Even though it covers multiple applications, its still covering just that, Applications.

I'm not really sure why it would do any of that, I haven't used Toast in a few years as I now do all my burning via the included burning tools/software in OS X. But all I can tell you for sure though is, its not an OS X failing issue.

Have you tried simply burning the CD via iTunes? Just import the songs you want into iTunes, put them in a playlist. Title the playlist to be whatever you want the CD to be called. Enter all the data (song/artist/etc) via iTunes, and just hit Burn in the top right corner.

Hope that at least gives you a starting point.

Cheers!

mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2005, 10:39 AM

That does seem odd.... have you tried just starting over, take your source audio and just import it into iTunes and burn it fresh via iTunes itself?

(the forum has already been moved for you)
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

Super Glitcher
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 27, 2005, 11:17 AM

yeah I would def. keep it all in iTunes unless you
need some proprietary feature.

<=>
"Thank you Mario, but our princess is in another castle."

2Four  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2005, 12:53 PM

Well, the client got his CD...and he uses a mac as well, imagine his surprise, when it came up labeled with some band's name and a complete song list, once loaded into itunes.
The stranger thing is, he says his machine isn't hooked upto the net.
I still think it is an OSX thing and not application specific...the simple fact that both dragon burn & toast BOTH ladel the cd as purchased music.
The client doesn't really care, and neither do I at this point...if it was happening on my own machine...then I'd start worrying...but for now, I'll consider the problem unsolved and closed for now.

Super Glitcher
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2005, 04:48 AM

There's a 'history' file in osx (was in classic also) that keeps
track of all the cd names & tracks - I believe it's for speeds
sake, but that would be my first guess if he's getting track
names with no net connection... that, or he's on someone's
unprotected wi-fi and he doesn't know it ;-)
"Thank you Mario, but our princess is in another castle."

Forum Links
Forum Rules