Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > No Miley Cyrus Has Sexuality Thread?

No Miley Cyrus Has Sexuality Thread? (Page 3)
andi*pandi
Aug 30, 2013, 09:25 PM

She looks like Justin Bieber in drag.

gradient
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2013, 10:14 PM

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2013, 01:38 AM

Do you guys find the Miley show and shows like it to be rather sexist? Everything in her performance seemed pretty much geared towards men. Women can appreciate a hot woman too, but probably not when she's grinding on a cock.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2013, 02:24 AM

"[T]he Miley show"?

starman
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2013, 02:29 AM

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 31, 2013, 06:44 AM

Ha!

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
My fav:

I can't remember where I saw the comment posted, "Beetlejuice called. He wants his suit back." Glad to see he was there the whole time.
45/47

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 12:35 PM

I hope BJ was wearing a rubber, poor guy.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 04:17 PM

well, there's this dipwad from the Washington Post...

Miley Cyrus and the issues of slut-shaming and racial condescension - The Washington Post

Apparently pointing out that humping a foam finger on stage is crass and disgusting is now "slut shaming".

I still don't get what "slut shaming" actually is. If you act like a slut, you can't get pissy when people call you out on it.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
I still don't get what "slut shaming" actually is. If you act like a slut, you can't get pissy when people call you out on it.

The problem is society rewards male sluts. "Getting some" is considered a sign of prowess and perhaps masculinity.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 04:25 PM

So? People are responsible for their own actions, not anyone else's. I'm just sayin'.

I think a dude who sleeps with forty women is as much of a slut as a woman who sleeps with forty men. I'd rather see an increase in shaming male sluts rather than the social legitimization of slutty behavior.

Being a slut, male or female, isn't very good for you. STDs, unwanted pregnancy, emotional trauma, psychological problems that last long after you've outgrown your slut phase...etc.

With regards to the original topic of this thread: Miley Cyrus has pretty solidly positioned herself as Queen of the Sluts.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 04:32 PM

So? People are responsible for their own actions, not anyone else's. I'm just sayin'.

I think a dude who sleeps with forty women is as much of a slut as a woman who sleeps with forty men. I'd rather see an increase in shaming male sluts rather than the social legitimization of slutty behavior.

Being a slut, male or female, isn't very good for you. STDs, unwanted pregnancy, emotional trauma, psychological problems that last long after you've outgrown your slut phase...etc.

With regards to the original topic of this thread: Miley Cyrus has pretty solidly positioned herself as Queen of the Sluts.

How do we tip the scales in shaming male sluts more aggressively when there are stories like this that come up so frequently?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
But (you knew there'd be one) you're painting a really unsympathetic picture. I can feel sympathy for far worse people than the ones you're describing, but like those people, whether I'm feeling sympathy or aggression is highly dependent on the presentation.
Most see it as sympathy for the Devil, maybe? It's hard to feel sympathy for someone who can buy private jets and islands, which is why it's so important that someone does. Becoming rich is 10x easier than dealing with it after you're there, which is why you see an almost 100% bankruptcy rate among multi-million $$ lottery winners, if they live long enough to go through it all. Generally speaking, it's no real prize. One of my people won >$100M, lump-sum, and they've really worked with me to get sorted out, after all the drugs, insane spending, and risky behavior. And all of that's due to fortune alone, add in fame and it's a wonder that any young stars survive.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
That referee guy looks like Turtle777!
Obsess much ?

Pathetic.

-t

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 05:36 PM

If we're going to slut shame men, we can start with #THICKE.

He's married with a kid. He shouldn't be doing the song.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 06:13 PM

How do we tip the scales in shaming male sluts more aggressively when there are stories like this that come up so frequently?
I dunno, maybe stop turning "slut shaming" into the new social justice meme?

I'm all for the sexual revolution, but I feel like trying to make girls feel good about being whores is a step backward. I put it in the same category as people who scream about how it's normal to be fat and we should just STFU about being healthy.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 06:30 PM

That's not slut shaming.

An example of slut shaming is calling someone a slut because they want birth control.

Like Rush did to Sandra Fluke.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 06:45 PM

My point is that the slut shaming SJWs are taking it a little too far when making fun of Miley Cyrus is "slut shaming".

She humped a goddamn foam finger on national television. She's asking for it.

ETA: I do agree that calling a girl a slut just because she wants to go on birth control is ridiculous. I don't call it slut shaming though; a girl on birth control is not inherently a slut. On the other hand, if a girl is going to act like a slut, she can't cry "slut shaming!" when people call her out on it.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 06:55 PM

I dunno, maybe stop turning "slut shaming" into the new social justice meme?

I'm all for the sexual revolution, but I feel like trying to make girls feel good about being whores is a step backward. I put it in the same category as people who scream about how it's normal to be fat and we should just STFU about being healthy.

It seems like these sort of revolutions often involve over-compensation. Obviously there is a balance between the puritan ways of old and f-ing anything that moves. Women should not feel ashamed or guarded about having sex so long as they are smart about it, but obviously going as far as the Miley Cyrus thing carries the sort of consequences that you've described.

I think there is people that push on both edges - people calling for abstinence-only education, people more "liberated". Maybe it will just take time for our society to settle into a groove somewhere in the middle?

P.S. I've never had sex with Turtle777 or Laminar.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 07:08 PM

We have some weird sexual hangups as a society still.

A friend of mine does burlesque gigs playing his trumpet, and he said that one time this girl lost her pasty while dancing and started freaking out. Why is it that women can show side boob, under boob, top boob, but the second they show a little nipple they've crossed into indecency territory?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 07:19 PM

Here, if alcohol is being served, she's broken the law.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 10:00 PM

My point is that the slut shaming SJWs are taking it a little too far when making fun of Miley Cyrus is "slut shaming".

She humped a goddamn foam finger on national television. She's asking for it.

ETA: I do agree that calling a girl a slut just because she wants to go on birth control is ridiculous. I don't call it slut shaming though; a girl on birth control is not inherently a slut. On the other hand, if a girl is going to act like a slut, she can't cry "slut shaming!" when people call her out on it.
He called her a slut with the intent to shame her.

That's not slut shaming?

You're going to have to go more in-depth with that one.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 10:02 PM

Here, if alcohol is being served, she's broken the law.
I guess making alcohol together with nekkid boob a crime is its own sort of hang-up.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 10:57 PM

A friend of mine does burlesque gigs playing his trumpet, and he said that one time this girl lost her pasty while dancing and started freaking out. Why is it that women can show side boob, under boob, top boob, but the second they show a little nipple they've crossed into indecency territory?
Also, it wasn't until this precise moment I realized your friend didn't have to manage swirling his tassels while playing trumpet.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 11:06 PM

He called her a slut with the intent to shame her.

That's not slut shaming?

You're going to have to go more in-depth with that one.
I'm talking about Miley Cyrus, not the Rush Limbaugh incident.

Calling someone a slut without any evidence to back it up is being a dick.

Calling someone a slut who walks, talks, and acts like a slut is a different story. If you're going to bone a different guy every night and get eight abortions in a year because you can't keep your knees shut or have enough wits about you to use a rubber, you're kinda asking for it.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 11:07 PM

You've got me there.

I blame Seinfeld. According to Jerry, as soon as the nipple has made its first appearance, sex has occurred.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 1, 2013, 11:07 PM

But aren't all of those a result of a society with severe sexual hang-ups? People are going to have sex. If people are afraid to talk about/ask for birth control, they're more likely to get pregnant. If they're afraid to talk about STDs, they're less likely to get checked and more likely to spread them. If our society places a high value on female purity, if we made weird unwritten rules about which sex acts are acceptable at which points in a relationship, and if we keep treating sex as if it's something men have to "get" or "earn" from women, won't we cause all sorts of psychological and emotional hangups when these incomprehensible, constantly-fluxing rules are perceived to have been broken?

So without even having slept with anyone, she's a slut?

"If a guy is going to act like a fag, he can't complain when people call him a fag."

Question: If a girl wears a short skirt and low-cut top to a party and gets raped, was she asking for it?

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Question: If a girl wears a short skirt and low-cut top to a party and gets raped, was she asking for it?
Yep.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2013, 11:20 PM

I'm talking about Miley Cyrus, not the Rush Limbaugh incident.

Calling someone a slut without any evidence to back it up is being a dick.

Calling someone a slut who walks, talks, and acts like a slut is a different story. If you're going to bone a different guy every night and get eight abortions in a year because you can't keep your knees shut or have enough wits about you to use a rubber, you're kinda asking for it.
Slut shaming is about being a dick. That's why people have a problem with it.

Fat shaming is the same way. Some people overreact, but what they're overreacting to is people being dicks. The vast majority of people don't need any pressure to tell them they're fat, and that they shouldn't be. They're fully aware of the situation, yet society feels the need to remind them.

Reminding someone of an uncomfortable situation they're aware of is being a dick.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2013, 11:43 PM

Yep.
I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic here. The rapist's actions are totally justified because of how the victim chose to dress?

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic here. The rapist's actions are totally justified because of how the victim chose to dress?
Absolutely.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2013, 11:56 PM

Slut shaming is about being a dick. That's why people have a problem with it.

Fat shaming is the same way. Some people overreact, but what they're overreacting to is people being dicks. The vast majority of people don't need any pressure to tell them they're fat, and that they shouldn't be. They're fully aware of the situation, yet society feels the need to remind them.

Reminding someone of an uncomfortable situation they're aware of is being a dick.
I think there's a pretty big difference between a fatass being aware of their fatassery and possibly trying to do something about it, compared to someone who acts like a slut and then gets all whiny when someone calls them out on it.

Miley was in full control of her actions at the VMAs. If she doesn't want to take responsibility for those actions after the fact, she shouldn't have taken those actions in the first place.

You can't, after all, have your cake and eat it too.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2013, 12:52 AM

Absolutely.

Wow, this is really hard to process. Are you just saying that because you are responding to Laminar or do you really mean it?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2013, 12:58 AM

Absolutely.

Wow, this is really hard to process. Are you just saying that because you are responding to Laminar or do you really mean it?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2013, 01:06 AM

I believe she's having a bad day all the way around, she's fighting several people in multiple threads now.
- Thomas Paine

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2013, 01:26 AM

I think there's a pretty big difference between a fatass being aware of their fatassery and possibly trying to do something about it, compared to someone who acts like a slut and then gets all whiny when someone calls them out on it.

Miley was in full control of her actions at the VMAs. If she doesn't want to take responsibility for those actions after the fact, she shouldn't have taken those actions in the first place.

You can't, after all, have your cake and eat it too.
Umm... Miley hasn't complained.

Thank you for proving my point about society's attitude about being fat.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2013, 05:54 PM

Yeah, I'm not going to buy into the current activist movement to try and legitimize obesity.

If you're so fat that your back fat makes it look like you have an extra set of tits on your back, you're disgusting and you should feel bad about yourself.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2013, 06:14 PM

FWIW, responses like that make you come off as someone who's been subjected to severe mental abuse.

I'd guess you think you are masterfully hiding it, but it's clear as glass to everyone here.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2013, 06:17 PM

You don't think back fat is horrifying to look at when it gets to the point that the person legitimately looks like they have breasts on their back?

Huh.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2013, 06:25 PM

You've taken every opportunity not to read what I was writing and to instead pleasure yourself with hate and rage filled rants, as you've done again, right here.

Why should I even bother to answer that question? What would change?

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2013, 08:11 AM

FWIW, responses like that make you come off as someone who's been subjected to severe mental abuse.

I'd guess you think you are masterfully hiding it, but it's clear as glass to everyone here.
You have no idea.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2013, 11:27 AM

Fortunately for you you didn't post this to the religion and intelligence thread...

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2013, 11:32 AM

Classy.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2013, 01:47 PM

Absolutely.
Jesus Christ. It's like women's Lib never happened.

This is 2013; men are held responsible for their own actions now.

The countries where your thinking is accepted social and legislative norm are generally run under Sharia law.

andi*pandi
Sep 3, 2013, 03:33 PM

Miley Cyrus Fires Back: 'Madonna's Done It, Britney's Done It' [VIDEO]

"You're overthinking it. You're thinking about it more than when I did it." - Miley

Although her comment that she and Thicke "made history" is somewhat rebuked by her later comment that Madonna and Britney did it too. So, not really history... what's talkworthy is it's because her squeaky clean disney rep made it more outrageous. Madonna could twerk the day long and it would be boring.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2013, 03:50 PM

I'm disturbed because I don't buy into fat acceptance?

Yeah, I'd totes tap that.

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Jesus Christ. It's like women's Lib never happened.

This is 2013; men are held responsible for their own actions now.

The countries where your thinking is accepted social and legislative norm are generally run under Sharia law.

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Miley Cyrus Fires Back: 'Madonna's Done It, Britney's Done It' [VIDEO]

"You're overthinking it. You're thinking about it more than when I did it." - Miley

Although her comment that she and Thicke "made history" is somewhat rebuked by her later comment that Madonna and Britney did it too. So, not really history... what's talkworthy is it's because her squeaky clean disney rep made it more outrageous. Madonna could twerk the day long and it would be boring.
Madonna made a career out of being a sex icon.

Miley just looked embarrassing up there - she wasn't sexy at all. Also, from what I've read, Robin Thicke isn't too happy about her performance. It wasn't planned.
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Sep 3, 2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: beyond the line.)

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2013, 03:53 PM

I wasn't trolling.

I was absolutely serious.

I'm quite simply flabbergasted that a young woman living in a Western country would seriously utter such a sentiment.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2013, 03:56 PM

Classy.
Though there was a flaw in your "have your cake and eat it too" argument, in that Miley didn't complain of being slut shamed (or really anything), but the overall concept is valid.

For example, if you're going to post your rage-fat dark poetry, you don't get to lecture us about class.

As an aside, shouldn't that be "eat your cake and have it too"? That makes more sense to me.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2013, 03:57 PM

I wasn't trolling.

I'm quite simply flabbergasted that a young woman living in a Western country would seriously utter such a sentiment.
*Whoosh*

Though there was a flaw in your "have your cake and eat it too" argument, in that Miley didn't complain of being slut shamed (or really anything), but the overall concept is valid.
I was more referring to the people who ranted about how it was "slut-shaming" to call Miley out on acting...like a slut.

As an aside, shouldn't that be "eat your cake and have it too"? That makes more sense to me.
I don't really know the etymology of that cliche, sorry.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 3, 2013, 04:02 PM

I wasn't trolling.

She was trolling.

You know, being "classy"

Forum Links
Forum Rules