Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS/T 20" iMac G5 2.1G / 1.5G / 250G / 8x DL-DVD / Applecare

FS/T 20" iMac G5 2.1G / 1.5G / 250G / 8x DL-DVD / Applecare
tainice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2006, 03:55 AM

Sold. Thanks for looking.
( Last edited by tainice; Dec 26, 2006 at 06:01 AM. )

tainice  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2006, 09:53 PM

Price Dropped. I need to get rid of it fast! Now is $1200 shipped!

PowerBub
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 2006, 10:45 AM

i'd recommend getting those problems fixed yourself. it's hard for someone to spend that kind of money on something they know is broken... just my 2ยข
please cook my steak again
je suis american

tainice  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 17, 2006, 06:41 PM

This is what I have to say, on the other forum.

You REALLY might consider getting the isight and ports fixed.
It is almost for sure that I am leaving the US for good, soon. Because the computer is purchased here, I cannot have Apple fix the computer once I am oversea. In addition, who knows how long it is going to take for Apple to fix the problems, I am not going to take any chances.

Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
I can't imagine how you can justify that price when the base model 20 inch iMac (which smokes this thing) is only $150 more.

Apple is selling refurbished one for $1,299, but that's with 512mb of ram!! With additional 1g of ram, there is another $100 saved.

MovieCutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 17, 2006, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by tainice View Post
This is what I have to say, on the other forum.

You REALLY might consider getting the isight and ports fixed.
It is almost for sure that I am leaving the US for good, soon. Because the computer is purchased here, I cannot have Apple fix the computer once I am oversea. In addition, who knows how long it is going to take for Apple to fix the problems, I am not going to take any chances.

Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
I can't imagine how you can justify that price when the base model 20 inch iMac (which smokes this thing) is only $150 more.

Apple is selling refurbished one for $1,299, but that's with 512mb of ram!! With additional 1g of ram, there is another $100 saved.

Dude, an extra 1GB Ram doesn't make up for a 2nd core altogether+better graphics. I don't know what you're smoking.

osxpinot
Senior User
Dec 17, 2006, 07:42 PM

Yeah, hate to break the news, but your price needs to be drastically lowered.

MovieCutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 17, 2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by osxpinot View Post
Yeah, hate to break the news, but your price needs to be drastically lowered.
Not to mention his iMac is busted. I could pay $50 more at Apple, , better graphics, more processing power and a working iSight and infrared port, not to mention refurbs sometimes come with more hard drive space and more RAM. I don't see the advantage of your busted iMac over a refurb.

tainice  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 21, 2006, 05:23 AM

Now with new price, and it is also on ebay.

First and for most, my price was cheaper in comparison with ebay and Apple refurb. However, common consent says that my price is high, then it must be. But given a choice, would you rather sell your computer for cheap? NO, unless there is something wrong with you. And it is not like i have my price carved in stone, I lower it a bit every time there is a complain. i am merely trying to leave some room for bargaining. In addition, the unit is still under warranty, so it is not like those dysfunction parts are going to stay bad forever. They can be fixed via Applecare, and I was too busy for my senior thesis, and absolutely had to have a Mac with me; otherwise, I would have called Apple myself. Since I don't know how long it takes for Apple to fix the puter plus I am about to leave the country, so I am selling it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules