Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Remember Leap Network?

Remember Leap Network?
Fellow2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2004, 09:09 PM

I work at my University and we have 3 wireless networks all over campus. One is only in a few spots and the other two cover the entire campus. The student one is paid service, but since I also work there, I can use the staff one.

The staff one is under Leap, so it works with Mac OS great except that I have to go to the airport menu to connect every time I open up my powerbook. Is there anyway to add it do that it will remember the leap network and use it before it tries to use any other ones?

The Oracle
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Mt. Ararat, chillin' with Noah in the Ark's broken hull.
Sep 14, 2004, 08:49 AM

check out your airport options in the network prefs panel. you can set a preferred network.

All-seeing and all-knowing since 2000 B.C.

Fellow2000  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 14, 2004, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by The Oracle:
check out your airport options in the network prefs panel. you can set a preferred network.
yes, but only a standard one, there is no place there to define whether it is LEAP, WEP, etc...

Forum Links
Forum Rules