Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > xGrid and distributed.net

xGrid and distributed.net
Nerozwei
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2004, 03:39 AM

Is it possible to get xGrid to run the dnet client? I tried running it as a shelll command, but it gave me a "job failed" -error.

I know running dnetc through xGrid does not make sense (running the client would probably be more efficient). I'd just like to try it out.

Nugget
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2004, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by Nerozwei:
Is it possible to get xGrid to run the dnet client? I tried running it as a shelll command, but it gave me a "job failed" -error.
I haven't played with xGrid at all. Is it managing to launch dnetc? Are you trying to supply buffers as part of the xGrid job or are you expecting dnetc to just manually process a block and then exit? I'm sure dnetc can be convinced to behave however it would need to behave in order to function within xGrid (although, you're right.. there's no practical reason to do so)

Forum Links
Forum Rules