Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > There are no 15 inch powerbooks for sale in the south East u.s.

There are no 15 inch powerbooks for sale in the south East u.s.
macwalk
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 04:10 PM

THis may sound like a lie, but I called each and every single apple retail store from Florida to Georgia and there are 0 for sale. This is good and bad news.

My wife was willing to drive to the Atlanta store with me to get one from Tampa Florida.

Its the rise of the Apple!!!
Hmmmm..... maybe not!

babajazz
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 04:27 PM

I live in ontario canada, and I ordered a 15 inch 1.25, 5200 HD on 27'th of september (educational bundle). Initially the ship date was oct 10'th but I received an email from apple stating that the book will be delayed till the 12'th. I suppose the same thing is going on in the states!?

macwalk  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 04:30 PM

I called the apple store and they told me for a 15 inch combo drive I would have to wait 7 - 10 business days before it left and then shipping!!!
This is lame!
Hmmmm..... maybe not!

bgordon
Oct 2, 2003, 04:35 PM

Wonder if they're correcting LCD issues......that's what the optimist in me hopes for.

Waiting on my BTO 15 Al-book with combo-drive and 5400-rpm HD. Initially supposed to ship "on or before Sep. 29," now postponed "on or before Oct. 06":

"...due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted."

Hmmm. Wonder if the white spots on the LCD's and subsequent return/replacement issues are having an effect on the original supply plan.

I'm waaaaayy nervous about my order after reading these forums; yet I'm going to cross my fingers and hope I don't get a bad unit.

- bgordon

ownersbox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2003, 04:40 PM

The Miami Store was suppose to call me when a 15" 1.25 came in, that was a week ago. I placed an online order last week just in case they didn't get any, glad I did.

dcsmrgun
Oct 2, 2003, 04:52 PM

You're kidding. My coworker just bought her 15" at the Tampa store the other day. Stock 15" 1.25 superdrive, 256mb + extra 256mb

bgordon: welcome to the 10/06 club

macwalk  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2003, 08:37 AM

Exactly I said you can no longer purchase them.
I went to the Tampa store today and they are out!!!!!!!!!
Hmmmm..... maybe not!

Allenzi35
Oct 3, 2003, 09:19 AM

They have then at Compusa in Deerfield Beach and Fort Lauderdale. Boca Apple store has them too. Right now.

macwalk  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2003, 09:24 AM

Sweet, its a 5 hour drive to Boca but Ill take it
Hmmmm..... maybe not!

Allenzi35
Oct 3, 2003, 11:00 AM

Originally posted by macwalk:
Sweet, its a 5 hour drive to Boca but Ill take it
Call first, they had them yesterday but you know how that goes. Either way, Deerfield is another 5 minutes away and FTL is another 10. They're here.

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2003, 11:07 AM

Yea... there's no Apple store within 5 hours of where I live. It's Online Apple Store all the way for me... no other choice really...

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules