Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Sorting by price ignores currency

Sorting by price ignores currency
towb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2006, 06:53 AM

Prices are sorted by value, ignoring the currency.

This isn't good or bad. I noticed it while looking for a way to find items I added while DL was set to the wrong Amazon country. Fetching data about German books from Amazon.com usually works, but is incomplete, so I'd like to re-add them.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2006, 05:15 PM

Indeed, Delicious Library doesn't have currency conversion, so sorting by currency when you have a bunch of different kinds of currency is going to get weird.

As for reloading from a specific Amazon, this is a (relatively) common feature request we've kept in mind for Delicious Library 2.

towb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2006, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Delicious Monster
As for reloading from a specific Amazon, this is a (relatively) common feature request we've kept in mind for Delicious Library 2.
Even with that feature we'd still need a way to find items loaded from the wrong shop. Sorting but currency would be one (admittedly weird) way. Better add sorting by Amazon country.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 26, 2006, 03:41 PM

This one, at least, I think we can do something about. *knowing look*

Forum Links
Forum Rules