Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > FrugalReader

FrugalReader
PensFan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2006, 05:34 PM

I would love to see this connect with FrugalReader.com for book exchanges.

PensFan  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2006, 06:39 PM

One other thing - FrugalReader relies heavily on ISBN numbers - it would be very helpful to have the ISBN number in the detail area along with the Amazon and UPC number. My primary goal is to use the software to track which books I want to sell on Amazon, trade on FrugalReader or to keep.

I do a lot of mass market paperbacks, so the UPC's don't work. The ideal field to do an exact match to Amazon is the ISBN number. If I do a title/author search I have to look up each match one by one to see which is the correct format to match my copy which is too cumbersome.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2006, 05:47 PM

Most books have a Bookland EAN barcode, which is the ISBN prepended by 978, and with the check-digit recalculated. Most mass-market paperbacks have their Bookland barcode on the inside front cover, and sport a 12-digit "grocery" code on the back.

After the first, all new ISBNs will be ISBN13, which is the exact same as Bookland EAN.

Also, for books, the ASIN (Amazon #) is the same as the ISBN.

Forum Links
Forum Rules