Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Toast Video Disc with Data Content?

Toast Video Disc with Data Content?
hab
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2005, 10:16 PM

I am using Roxio Toast Titanium v. 6.0.9. I am trying to burn a DVD of home movies and want to add a separate Data folder to the burn with the original MPEG2 video file. Toast claims you can do this but I have been unsuccessful so far.

The Toast manual says you can make Video Disc with Data Content (�The video or slideshow part of the disc is playable on DVD players, while the data part is usable on computers with DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drives.�) The manual refers you to Toast Help in the application which gives the following steps

===
1. Click the Video tab, then click the Disc Settings button. The Disc Settings drawer opens.
2. In the Disc Settings drawer, click Advanced, then select the Add Data Content check box.
3.For the video part of the enhanced video disc, add video or photos to the Video content area.
4. Click the Data tab.
5. For the data part of the enhanced video disc, add files or folders to the Data content area.
6. Click the red Record button.
7. When prompted, insert a disc into the currently selected recorder. Toast displays a progress bar as it records your enhanced video disc.
===

Following these instructions, I got a DVD with the data content (the source .mpg file) on the DVD but no video content (VIDEO_TS folder etc) that plays on the DVD player. Burning another disc, I followed the above directions but switched back to the Video tab before pressing the red record button. Here, I got a typical DVD with the VIDEO_TS folder that plays the movie on the DVD player, but there is no data content on the DVD.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anybody been successful burning a Video Disc with Data Content using Toast?

Harry
21.5" iMac 2.7GHz i5; 15" FP iMac 0.8GHz G4, iPhone 5S

Forum Links
Forum Rules