Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Bein' Smug

Bein' Smug
Mac-Guy
Sep 25, 2002, 04:45 PM

I've been chuckling to myself all afternoon. I've listened in as 3 guys spent 2 days trying to install a new DVD burner in a Windows 98 box. As far as I can tell, they've uninstalled and reinstalled half a dozen times. Now I think they're talking about reinstalling Windows.

I'm going home tonight and give my Mac a big sloppy wet kiss...
Otis Day?? He loves us!

swiz
GUI Punk
Sep 25, 2002, 06:03 PM

heh (giggles like schoolgirl)

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2002, 01:07 AM

we still havn't gotten our PC's CD burner to work...

(David hugs his iMac)

I TOLD THEM but noo, we don't want an iMac we want the compaq, it's so much better, and it's a tower, and ugly and it's got a rocket on the key board and... I know windows and... blah blah freakin blah.

raferx
Senior User
Sep 26, 2002, 05:57 AM

Microsoft just never got it... and they never will. Windows is an abomination. The people who "get it" are as rare as sightings of JD Salinger...
Cheers,
raferx

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2002, 05:58 AM

We all admire Windows, don't we? And surely, we all admire the people who have to work with it every day, don't we?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 26, 2002, 09:07 AM

Topic: general
Forum: Lounge

Thread moved

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
Sep 26, 2002, 09:09 AM

excellent now entice them with the gospell of the macintosh

Mac-Guy  (op)
Sep 26, 2002, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by MacManMikeOSX:
excellent now entice them with the gospell of the macintosh
My comments that my cousin did this herself in about 20 minutes on her Mac at home were NOT well-received, I can tell you that much.

To PC SysAdmin types, "Easy to Use" translates as: "For Dumb People." Go figure.

(I also just noticed this thread got moved to the Lounge. Dangit, I never get these things right...)
Otis Day?? He loves us!

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2002, 11:02 AM

my friend got a new dell for college and during the second day he tried to install somthing from a CD he inserted it in and nothing happend, he looked in My computer and no cd was inserted, he then inserted a audio cd to see if it was the drive, music match booted up and he could play the cd but he still couldn't see it on my computer, it took him a least an hour of tring differnt things and finally he gave up and shut his computer down and then the next day he tried it again and bam it worked like a charm. i am guessing it just needed a restart.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 26, 2002, 11:42 AM

Originally posted by Mac-Guy:
I've been chuckling to myself all afternoon. I've listened in as 3 guys spent 2 days trying to install a new DVD burner in a Windows 98 box. As far as I can tell, they've uninstalled and reinstalled half a dozen times. Now I think they're talking about reinstalling Windows.

I'm going home tonight and give my Mac a big sloppy wet kiss...
<-- smug smiley.

Olorin
Sep 26, 2002, 02:22 PM

My friend put together his own PC. I tried to tell him to buy an Apple, but he said "I don't like apples". No real reason given of course sense he had not actually ever used one. Well with my help we managed to put the peice of junk together. It works but I tell you Windows XP is a total mess. It took him forever to do things that I can do in under a minute on my Apple. For example he was trying to do printer sharing over his little network sense there was only 1 printer and 2 computers. Well we spent hours on it and his cousin (who is specialized in that area) couldn't even get it to work. Finally my friends cousin decided he had to look up some things and figure out how to do it.

I went home later that day (couldn't take it any more) and decided I would try to do printer sharing on our apples. We have a PowerMac 867, iMac 800, and a Cube. As well we have an airport network for the cable modem (wireless cable access HEHE) It took me under a minute to do it on my iMac. I proceeded to hook up all the computers for printer sharing, it took me about 3 minutes. Now I can print from any one of our 3 printers (one of them being a nice laser printer) just by selecting them from the printer menu when I go to print something.

Now my friends computer cost about as much as my iMac. It has 800Mhz bus, rambus ram, and a 2400Mhz P4 ect. But none of this helped him do anything faster than I could. And it didn't load any thing faster than our PowerMac 867 does. oh well I guess all that MHz stuff is just for advertising.
"Not all who wander are lost." ~ Gandalf

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2002, 02:47 PM

yeah but compare FPS on quake 3 thats the only advantage those have over our Apples

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules