Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" pb battery issue

12" pb battery issue
board920
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2004, 10:37 AM

I recently purchased a 12" pb (last saturday), and I am completely in love - except for one thing: the battery. I did the whole battery calibration thing, and it seemed to work ok, but now my battery will not charge to full (100%). I do not know if it supposed to, but i believe it should. Also, when it was at around 90%, it would not charge and the powercord indicator remained green, and the computer did not say that the battery was completely charged. Also, i had to bring it down to 70% for the light to turn orange, and then it charged to 99% (I charged it overnight, a good 7 hours). I am going to test it out tonight and see how much time I get off of it. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated, being that I am a new member to the mac realm and dont have the greatest grasp on how this machine works. Thanks.

azdude
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2004, 11:04 AM

17" 2.33GHz C2D MacBook Pro / 320GB / 2GB

board920  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2004, 11:23 AM

Thanks a lot, im going to check that out when i get home tonight. My battery does not charge to 100% though...but i guess i shouldn't worrky about 1%, even though its kinda annoying.

azdude
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2004, 11:46 AM

Should have been more personal...

My new 15" rarely shows 100%, but it does a good job of staying between 95%-99% as it should, according to that article.

It *is* a departure from previous _books' methods, though... the 3 iBooks and one TiBook 667 DVI that we have here stay at 100% when plugged in.

Final diagnosis is that the 95-99% battery level in new 'books is "Nominal, but different."
17" 2.33GHz C2D MacBook Pro / 320GB / 2GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules