Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Now's the time to buy

Now's the time to buy
Rumor
Apr 12, 2007, 07:33 PM

For those that play with the stock market, now would be a good time to pick up some Apple stock. The stock dropped a little after the announcement that Leopard is going to be delayed. However, I think with the release of the iPhone and Leopard later this year, the drop is going to be very temporary.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

hickey
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2007, 07:56 PM

i got my shares the day before the iphone announcement. about $84 a share, i think.

design219
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2007, 09:37 PM

I did well on Apple a few years ago when I got it at $19. It went down to $14, then up to about $70, then split and went up to around $80 and I sold. If I remember correctly this was a little over three years. I've been tempted to jump in again before the iPhone hits, but I'm afraid my luck would not hold twice.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

Rumor  (op)
Apr 12, 2007, 09:38 PM

It'll go up unless the iPhone is a complete bomb.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

mindwaves
Apr 15, 2007, 02:20 AM

I will buy some next week if my stupid stock goes up enough for me to sell it in order to buy some AAPL!

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2007, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by mindwaves View Post
I will buy some next week if my stupid stock goes up enough for me to sell it in order to buy some AAPL!
Mindwaves stock? hehehehehe. Which stock is holding you down?

Anyone here trade pennystocks with the Bowser Report?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Apr 15, 2007, 04:16 AM

Penny stocks are very dangerous.

As for AAPL, yes, the most recent shortfall is tempting. However, earnings are coming out in two weeks (I think), and the short-term performance of the stock will depend on that announcement. Right now I'm bearish on the stock in the short term - I think there could be some weakness in the current quarter and in the outlook for the next given that revenue projections included Leopard. My advice is to wait for the quarter, and if I'm right you'll get a much better buying opportunity afterward. I'd personally like to see it slip back into the 70s before the iPhone debut and then carry through to 100 by year's end.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2007, 04:47 AM

When I say penny stocks, I don't mean penny stocks, I mean those between $1 to $3.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2007, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I'd personally like to see it slip back into the 70s before the iPhone debut and then carry through to 100 by year's end.
That's my next entry as well ($70s). Bought at $35 and have ridden it up to now. Sold calls several times that were not excercised. Bought more at about $80.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Apr 15, 2007, 11:59 AM

I'm worried about the possible backlash - iPod and Mac sales will be soft this quarter, then the dumb investors will sell. Even the iPhone - it's not going to take off all of the so-called "experts" think (Only on Cingular, high price point.. it will still do well, just not as well as the hype) and as soon as Apple reports that it hasn't sold as well as the insane number have forecasted, more dumb investors will dump the stock.

The market really has been ruined by those who trade on buzz rather than facts.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2007, 12:44 PM

I think I'm going to actually buy after the iPhone announcement, that is, a while after it. As TailsToo said, it'll drop rather significantly when the dumb investors don't see immediate, significant jumps. I'm thinking that I'll buy in early August.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Forum Links
Forum Rules