Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MIDI?

MIDI?
Aviah Morag
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2001, 06:22 AM

Question - Are there ANY OS X applications that work with MIDI? Any way to work with my MIDIman interface?

Aviah

aleph_null
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2001, 06:14 PM

There's basic MIDI support in OSX right now, but it appears to be fairly minimal, when compared to OMS or FreeMIDI. I don't know of any X apps that actually use MIDI, but if there were, you'd still need a driver for your interface.

suchanek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2001, 09:21 PM

I am a long time MOTU (Mark of the Unicorn) Freestyle/Freemidi user and have been in contact with them regarding the future of Freestyle under OSX. The person who returned my email indicated that they were considering an OSX port, but there were no firm plans at this time.

Needless to say that I am extremely disappointed by this and am reluctant to upgrade my G3 tower to OSX as a result. Freestyle is a really good program that unfortunately won't work at all under OSX or Classic.

Oh well, anybody know of an equivalent MIDI sequencer/score generator?

Thanks in advance!
Eric G. Suchanek
http://www.suchanek.org

Forum Links
Forum Rules