Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > F-ing retarded

F-ing retarded (Page 3)
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Do you really think that other politicians don't speak like drunken truck drivers in private? I like this authenticity, I have no problem with foul language and slang like this when done in private and off camera. This is how many people talk in real life, and politicians are real people.
You like the authenticity. I think it's sloppy. He obviously doesn't know his audience and IMO you're not considering the context of the statement at all.

You'd hope the leaders of our country were able to think more in terms of contingency, but this just looks hasty, petty, and reactionary. What kills me about this is that the lion's share of the slur was directed at people that have been pretty damned loyal to him to be honest. You wanted Joe the plumber as Chief of Staff besson? This flies in the face of what I know about your reverence for intellect.

Few talk this way in real life and while I agree that politicians are real people, you'd hope they wouldn't be the absolute lowest kind.
ebuddy

Forum Links
Forum Rules