Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Can an app download get stuck in queue? ...

Can an app download get stuck in queue? ...
cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 9, 2012, 09:21 AM

A while back I had the "Jaws Revenge" game on my phone, deleted it soon after. Ever since then, every so often, I get this message from the app store on my iPhone 4S, even though I'm not attempting to download it.

It almost seems like there's a download queue somewhere and this app and maybe others are stuck in it?

Any idea how to clear this up? Any here every run into this before?

Thanks very much in advance,
Chris

andi*pandi
Apr 9, 2012, 09:25 AM

I haven't had this same error, but I've had apps get stuck downloading updates, and even when I cancel them in itunes they still try to download. Delete it from your machine maybe not just the iphone?

cmeisenzahl  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 9, 2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I haven't had this same error, but I've had apps get stuck downloading updates, and even when I cancel them in itunes they still try to download. Delete it from your machine maybe not just the iphone?
Thanks, andi*pandi. I'll try that tonight.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 9, 2012, 03:08 PM

It's happened to me. Sometimes something can go wrong and the app will never download.

Eventually I think my app in question pushed out a new update that worked. It took at least a month though.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Forum Links
Forum Rules