Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Please help !

Please help !
Mohammed Al-Sabah
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 09:54 AM

Hello all,

ok this is the problem,

I have 2 Fire Hd's, each HD has a huge music file, plus the itunes/music file on my powerbook

what i want to do is have ONE folder with all the music in it rather then 2 music folders with dupes and so forth

Problem each folder has about the same songs with some extra ones so both folders are not 100% the same, and the music folder on my powerbook has some of the songs from back up and some new..

so how would / can i make ONE folder and have all of the music in and not loose anything ?

the only way i can think about is

backup itunes

copy the folder from Drive one to Itunes, then copy the folder from Drive two to itunes, then
Copy the Itunes back up that i made back to Itunes, remove dupes then back up that new lib to one of the HD's ?

is this the only way ? i am sure there is a way ! say it wasnt MP3's ? is there any other way to do it !? please advice !! and yeah i tried doing one folder by one that would take me 3 days got over 8000 files in 3 folders and thats not an opt.

email me at Malsabah @ damook . com or post back here plz i need to do this asap cuz i am traveling and i need my music with me !

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2003, 10:00 AM

give this program a shot. i have never used it, but it sounds like it will do what you need it to.

-r.

Ken Masters
Banned
Sep 30, 2003, 10:15 AM

Easy, I�ve done this already,

Just set the directory that you want Music to be in, iTunes for me is in my first partition, but the songs is in the other in my own custom folder.

Once you have set the music directory to that folder in iTunes, all your music in your lib will we be copied in there. Delete the duplicate that is not in that directory. Then you only have one folder with all your songs.

"hint"

When removing those songs in the iTunes lib, the files custom folder will be moved to the trash.

ohh yeah, turn duplicate song into itunes directory off.

Mohammed Al-Sabah  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 11:36 AM

thank you guys for your help and fast reply

wish there was a faster way to do it !

Forum Links
Forum Rules