Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Macs in Saudi Arabia

Macs in Saudi Arabia
tobster
Senior User
Nov 17, 2003, 09:42 PM

Does anybody know the status of support for Apple Computers there? Stores selling Macs and accessories? I will be going there for three months and am taking my PowerBook with me but want to get prepared if I need some fixing to be done or need to buy an extra battery or something (or a keyboard for that matter as I want to travel with as little as necessary).

edit: I will be staying in Jeddah, and Jeddah only. Any links provided would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for any answers.

- tobs

hayesk
Nov 17, 2003, 10:11 PM

I know someone who lives in Riyadh (online, not in person), he has never mentioned having a problem. He owns a Powerbook and various accessories.

tobster  (op)
Senior User
Nov 17, 2003, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by hayesk:
I know someone who lives in Riyadh (online, not in person), he has never mentioned having a problem. He owns a Powerbook and various accessories.
Thanks for that. I'm guessing it is about the same in Jeddah. I guess my best bet is to continue my hunt on google for some shops and addresses. Found only one so far but they haven't answered an e-mail from me.

- tobs

voyageur
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2003, 10:28 PM

spatterson
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2003, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by tobster:
Does anybody know the status of support for Apple Computers there? Stores selling Macs and accessories? I will be going there for three months and am taking my PowerBook with me but want to get prepared if I need some fixing to be done or need to buy an extra battery or something (or a keyboard for that matter as I want to travel with as little as necessary).

edit: I will be staying in Jeddah, and Jeddah only. Any links provided would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for any answers.

- tobs
If for some reason you can't find any place to service your mac, you can send it into Apple Care. It states that there is "Global repair coverage for portable computers" check out the PDF http://a1712.g.akamai.net/7/1712/51/...tPlanFacts.pdf

andymcdeee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2003, 11:30 PM

That's gonna be one hell of a climate adjustment for ya. Iceland to Saudi Arabia. Damn.

Let's see today in Iceland (Reykjavik): 2 degrees C but minus 6 degress by the weekend.

In Saudi Arabia (Jeddah): 27 degrees - ahhhh, lovely.

tobster  (op)
Senior User
Nov 18, 2003, 07:01 AM

Originally posted by spatterson:
If for some reason you can't find any place to service your mac, you can send it into Apple Care. It states that there is "Global repair coverage for portable computers" check out the PDF http://a1712.g.akamai.net/7/1712/51/...tPlanFacts.pdf
Actually, from my understanding I can't. Since I bought the Mac from an Icelandic shops (as we don't have any shops here OWNED by Apple) it doesn't qualify for Apple Care. Besides, staying there for three months I think it would be cutting it short if I send it somewhere to Europe for servicing. But the real problem has to do with where I bought it.

- tobs

tobster  (op)
Senior User
Nov 18, 2003, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by andymcdeee:
That's gonna be one hell of a climate adjustment for ya. Iceland to Saudi Arabia. Damn.

Let's see today in Iceland (Reykjavik): 2 degrees C but minus 6 degress by the weekend.

In Saudi Arabia (Jeddah): 27 degrees - ahhhh, lovely.
Nahhh, it won't be that bad. Even though I like the cold more, my years in Israel should give me some experience. Some time last summer in France is also a HOT experience

- tobs

Forum Links
Forum Rules