Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Mighty mouse sticking

Mighty mouse sticking
mmintler
Forum Regular
Apr 13, 2006, 01:32 PM

Has anyone had issues with might mouse side buttons sticking?

I finally convinced my sister to switch from Windows-she bought a new imac this week. AFter bragging how she would love the mac experience she sat down and started web browsing with mighty mouse. Everytime time she would move the mouse-expose would pop up. I don't have mighty mouse but I quickly discovered that expose was the default option for the might mouse side buttons. I had to disable them to get this to stop. Not a good first impression.

My question is... will this correct itself -maybe it needs to be broken in? Or should I call Apple and have it replaced?

Thanks
Mark
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-
Albert Einstein

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2006, 02:01 PM

I'm not sure of your question, but, removing the item from the Mouse Prefs disables the side buttons. The side buttons are very sensitive.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2006, 03:48 PM

The side buttons are stupid sensitive. all the MM are like that. Just turn them off.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

mmintler  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 14, 2006, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the replies... Gordy-my question is will the side buttons always behave like this? Or, will they "loosen" up? They seem to be actually sticking vs. being too sensitive (which they are anyway). It appears that the buttons are actually sticking because just moving the mouse without touching the buttons activates expose-unless you deactivate them.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-
Albert Einstein

aadfadsfa21
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2006, 01:39 PM

The sticking problem will probably eventually take care of itself. After a few "hard" compressions of the buttons you will break it in and it will be a very functional tool for your sister.

I have found that initially I was having problems with overly sensitive buttons too when I first began using the MM. But now I am used to it and my hands have adapted to the mouse. Those side buttons are awesome and I use them all the time now for pulling up another open program instantly. I guess my point is to give it time, like many Mac features it will grow on you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules