Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS]

Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS] (Page 58)
analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
the only one I remember baltar testing was Boomer. And it came out positive but he lied to her.
Yup. He didn't get around to testing even a small percentage of the crew.

Plus that test was based on finding synthetic materials as he saw how Leoben degraded in the Nebula because of the radiation. Remember that the Cheif and Tigh were in that nebula with no problems at all so they must be more human than Cylon or completely different as they have hinted.

Something strange though. Did you notice how JUST before the fleet lost power Roslyn felt ill and the camera rushed towards her as if she felt what was coming. Perhaps it is that Cylon DNA in her. Helo also had a strange feeling about it which could be because of his intimacy with Athena.

I'm kinda bummed out about Roslyns Cancer though as I don't think she will pull out of this one. The scripture says "A dying leader will guide them to their new home but not live to see it" so we might have lied to ourselves before about her not being that leader but RDM pretty much just confirmed that is her. So I am sure she will drop dead before they hit earth.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 12:05 PM

Ellen was tested, and was negative.

I find it ironic that Tigh the Cylon killed Ellen the human because she betrayed the humans to the Cylons, to protect Tigh the Cylon.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 12:40 PM

[
Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Ellen was tested, and was negative.

I find it ironic that Tigh the Cylon killed Ellen the human because she betrayed the humans to the Cylons, to protect Tigh the Cylon.
Ellen wasn't negative for sure. Watch it again and you'll see what I mean.

Either way if she is one of the final 5 she probably would have passed anyway as they are more human than Cylon so far. For the recored I don't think she is.

Tigh killing her is even better now. 3 of the 4 Über Cylons we know of so far were the LEADERS of the resistance on New Caprica. Tigh HATES anything Cylon, it is in his very core. To me it seems the purpose of the final 5 is to protect humans to their last dying breath from Cylons.

Ellen was screwing over humans and even risk their entire future as a species so with Sauls hate/programming of Cylons he did what he had to do to make humans win.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 12:57 PM

Who did Baltar test anyway?
I thought they tested everybody in the first or second season, when they first found out that the new Cylons looked like humans.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 01:04 PM

[
Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
I thought they tested everybody in the first or second season, when they first found out that the new Cylons looked like humans.
Nope. Blatar made it clear that he can only do ONE test at a time and it takes 12 hours. then he calculated 2 tests a day and a fleet of 45,000 and concluded it would take something like 60 years of non stop work before everyone was tested.

I don't think he got any further than a handful of tests before there was other problems to deal with.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Nope. Blatar made it clear that he can only do ONE test at a time and it takes 12 hours. then he calculated 2 tests a day and a fleet of 45,000 and concluded it would take something like 60 years of non stop work before everyone was tested.

I don't think he got any further than a handful of tests before there was other problems to deal with.
That and the fact that he lied and said that Boomer's test was negative, so now everyone thinks the test is fundamentally flawed because she turned out to be a Cylon.

P.S. Who knows if it would even work on the final 5 anyway.

P.P.S. It still bugs me that they've totally forgotten about the fact that the Baltar's nuke is responsible for blowing up a ship. ie. Baltar says he needs a nuke for his test. He gets the nuke. Some time later a ship is nuked. Hmmm...

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2007, 01:22 PM

Just reminder to the Final Four "new" cylon nay-sayers: RM has stated that they are, in fact, cylons. The discussion of whether or not they're cylons is over -- they are. Also, RM admitted this idea came to him this year, so this hasn't been planned -- which makes looking at history of these 4 pointless as far as seeing cylon traits.

Also, we don't know The 4 are part of the Final 5 -- that's just an assumption. I think The 4 are merely tools used by the Final 5, set in place to help guide Man to Earth and fight the Skinjobs. Some are linking D'Anna's apology to one of the 5 as her apologizing for yanking Saul's eye out, but that's conjecture.

I think we don't know who the 5 are just yet, and the 4 will end up being the catalyst for Man thriving again.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 01:37 PM

Also, we don't know The 4 are part of the Final 5 -- that's just an assumption. I think The 4 are merely tools used by the Final 5, set in place to help guide Man to Earth and fight the Skinjobs.
There are 12 models.

Boomer
Leoben
Simon
D'Anna
Six
Aaron
Cavil

That's 7, leaving 5 more, the final 5, four of whom have just been outed.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2007, 01:57 PM

There are 12 models.

Boomer
Leoben
Simon
D'Anna
Six
Aaron
Cavil

That's 7, leaving 5 more, the final 5, four of whom have just been outed.
12 skinjobs, yes. RM has said that The 4 are a "wholly different" cylon, but I don't know that we can just assume The 4 are part of the Final 5. The Final 5 could be still unknown, and The 4 are the 5's method of helping Man find Earth. So, the Final 5 are still the "godlike" overseers, and The 4 are their creations/tools.

My point is that I don't know that we should be assuming the The 4 are for certain part of the FInal 5.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 28, 2007, 02:12 PM

Where the hell is the podcast? Someone owes me some frakking answers and I'm starting to get a bit impatient waiting for them. Are you hearing me Mr. Moore? And please kick your wife out of the room for this one. Send her to the store or something. Thanks so much.

Here's another thing that's bugging me, and I'm not sure if I've brought this up before. Boomer flies into and docks with a Cylon Baseship. She gets out and he inside of the Baseship looks a lot like... the inside of Rosie O'Donnell's colon. Nasty, gooey and covered in growths and polyps (Note: I have no idea what the inside of Rosie's colon looks like, nor do I want to. When I saw the Baseship, I just naturally thought: "I bet that what it looks like inside Rosie's colon"). Fast forward a season or two, we get episodes showing the inside of a Baseship, and it's sleek, modern and streamlined, not a single ass-polyp in sight. 'Sup with that?
Nemo me impune lacesset

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 02:24 PM

That's remarkably descriptive actually.

* NB. AFAIK, this isn't Rosie O'Donnell's.

andi*pandi
Mar 28, 2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
12 skinjobs, yes. RM has said that The 4 are a "wholly different" cylon, but I don't know that we can just assume The 4 are part of the Final 5. The Final 5 could be still unknown, and The 4 are the 5's method of helping Man find Earth. So, the Final 5 are still the "godlike" overseers, and The 4 are their creations/tools.

My point is that I don't know that we should be assuming the The 4 are for certain part of the FInal 5.
this would work with my theory that these 4 are cylon tools, perhaps meddled with in childhood. Sci fi is all about the brain chips.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2007, 02:48 PM

Yup. RM has to know how stupid it would be to have 4 of the Final 5 be those revealed.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 03:18 PM

Argh. They're ruining the series for me. Killing Starbuck and making the Chief and Tigh cylons.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 28, 2007, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
the only one I remember baltar testing was Boomer. And it came out positive but he lied to her.
He also tested Ellen but never revealed what the test said.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 03:29 PM

That and the fact that he lied and said that Boomer's test was negative, so now everyone thinks the test is fundamentally flawed because she turned out to be a Cylon.

P.P.S. It still bugs me that they've totally forgotten about the fact that the Baltar's nuke is responsible for blowing up a ship. ie. Baltar says he needs a nuke for his test. He gets the nuke. Some time later a ship is nuked. Hmmm...
Sorta. Tigh ask him how Boomer passed and Baltar said she was a beta test and he has revised his methods of detection since.

As for the nuke Adama did say "As best we can gather someone stole your nuke from the lab and smuggled it to cloud 9". Remember at the time Baltar was a hero and VP so they wouldn't accuse him without some serious evidence. Baltar also had no reason to do this.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 04:09 PM

Here's a bit of a thought:

All 4 of the new cylons have been key leaders in some contention:

Tigh: Leader of New Caprica Resistance.
Anders: Leader of Old Caprica Resistance.
Tyrol: Leader of Strikes on New Caprica, and in the fleet.
Maya: Leader of Roslin's campaign.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Helmling
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane View Post
Where the hell is the podcast? Someone owes me some frakking answers and I'm starting to get a bit impatient waiting for them. Are you hearing me Mr. Moore? And please kick your wife out of the room for this one. Send her to the store or something. Thanks so much.

Here's another thing that's bugging me, and I'm not sure if I've brought this up before. Boomer flies into and docks with a Cylon Baseship. She gets out and he inside of the Baseship looks a lot like... the inside of Rosie O'Donnell's colon. Nasty, gooey and covered in growths and polyps (Note: I have no idea what the inside of Rosie's colon looks like, nor do I want to. When I saw the Baseship, I just naturally thought: "I bet that what it looks like inside Rosie's colon"). Fast forward a season or two, we get episodes showing the inside of a Baseship, and it's sleek, modern and streamlined, not a single ass-polyp in sight. 'Sup with that?
Think of the Raider as an analogue. It's got a metallic exterior and enough of a convention control system that Kara could pilot it, but it also has organic components. The Base Stars are the same. There are organic tissues used in the docking areas--probably to feed and nurture the Raiders--but inside there are also crew compartments that are more, um, refined.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 28, 2007, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
Maya (deceased) was the adoptive mother of Hera (but called her Isis)
Tory Foster is the 2nd presidential aide.

Ratspittle
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2007, 04:43 PM

First off, I second the RDM's wife sentiments. She annoys the frack out of me. She really has nothing to do with any of it, he is just throwing her a bone. It's patently obvious.....
Secondly, I just can't get over the Bob Dylan song thing. The only answer I can think of is that they are truly going to tigh (ha!) this thing into modern earth time. I guess I never expect a futuristic TV show to have any resembalence (sp?) at all to the real world. And if they DO tie this into modern earth society, why the hell don't we have spaceships and flying motorcycles now? After all, werent they supposed to have found earth thousands of years ago? I hate to talk about aquatic animals and TV shows, but reaaaalllllyyy! They are going to have to be pretty cunning to pull this off, one way or the other. I'll watch just to see the carnage (writing-wise).
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Maya (deceased) was the adoptive mother of Hera (but called her Isis)
Tory Foster is the 2nd presidential aide.
Sorry, got names mixed up.
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ratspittle View Post
First off, I second the RDM's wife sentiments. She annoys the frack out of me. She really has nothing to do with any of it, he is just throwing her a bone. It's patently obvious.....
Secondly, I just can't get over the Bob Dylan song thing. The only answer I can think of is that they are truly going to tigh (ha!) this thing into modern earth time. I guess I never expect a futuristic TV show to have any resembalence (sp?) at all to the real world. And if they DO tie this into modern earth society, why the hell don't we have spaceships and flying motorcycles now? After all, werent they supposed to have found earth thousands of years ago? I hate to talk about aquatic animals and TV shows, but reaaaalllllyyy! They are going to have to be pretty cunning to pull this off, one way or the other. I'll watch just to see the carnage (writing-wise).
From the way that RDM worded it in the above interview, it seems like the song itself was more of a means of qualifying for the viewer the 4 of them coming together. I don't expect that it will be addressed in the show at all.
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 07:17 PM

I noticed this. Essentially, the newly revealed cylon models are ideally positioned to remove and/or subordinate the leadership of remaining humans and their infrastructure. No idea if that will happen.

For the record, I like the fact they've been revealed as cylons. The thing I most enjoyed about the show was the discussion it has about the nature of humanity. If cylons are all but indistinguishable from humans, then why aren't they human, or a new form of the species? One of the driving themes of the early, and IMO better, part of the series was the fact that in many ways there didn't seem to be much of a difference between cylons and humans. Both can be by turns rational, emotional, logical, impetuous, kind, cruel, forgiving and murderous. Judging solely by their actions it is almost impossible to tell the two apart. With the two cylon/human babies, cylons have even been able to reproduce sexually and be children.
The era of anthropomorphizing hardware is over.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2007, 07:20 PM

Welcome to the thread (we've already been discussing that).

All of those reasons are why the FInal 5 needed The 4 in those positions: to help aid Mankind on the way to Earth.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 07:30 PM

This interview strongly suggests they are four of the Final 5 (since he says "the fifth one" will be revealed next season).
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

brapper
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 07:35 PM

Does anyone know the version of "All Along the Watchtower" that was playing? Doesn't sound like the original to me.
THEN, someone smart figure out how far it could've traveled through space between the time it was recorded and today. Then we'll know how far the ships are from Earth!
I'm a ****ing genius.

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2007, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by brapper View Post
Does anyone know the version of "All Along the Watchtower" that was playing? Doesn't sound like the original to me.
THEN, someone smart figure out how far it could've traveled through space between the time it was recorded and today. Then we'll know how far the ships are from Earth!
I'm a ****ing genius.
If you read the article linked to several times in the thread, you will find the name of the band which recorded that version of ALTW. Moore also says that the presence of the song was not to be taken literally but as a thematic element which tied the four characters together and gave a sense of the dissociation they were feeling.

We also wouldn't know how far the ships are from Earth as we have no idea when the series is taking place respective to our timeline.
The era of anthropomorphizing hardware is over.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2007, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
This interview strongly suggests they are four of the Final 5 (since he says "the fifth one" will be revealed next season).
True, that. So much for my theory, I guess -- but you have to admit, my idea was frakking good.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 10:48 PM

Well, if the show has in fact jumped the shark, then pulling out these four new Cylons ex recto will be the point where it happened. That said, it's not really going to be possible to know whether it has jumped the shark until next season: I find it unlikely that they're going to pull something good out of this, but it's not impossible.

Given that these are four of the Final Five, my guess is that the fifth is one of Starbuck's parents, probably her mother. And as for my theory as to what's going on...

In the beginning, there were twelve Agents -the progenitors of the lines- but the lines as we know them did not exist. Shortly after being created by their mechanical predecessors, they were given the task of reproducing. This, of course, failed, and the Agents had to decide what to do next. Disagreement arose: one faction wanted to hybridize with humans, while the other wanted to experiment with cloning. Eventually the Cylon Wars occurred, and a human was captured and brought to the Agents. The hybridizing faction performed experiments, and these ended in success: the Agent who would give birth to Starbuck was impregnated. But the cloning faction grew angry, and violence threatened to break out. The cloners had the advantage of numbers, and so it was clear who would win.

The hybridizers fled the Cylon Homeworld to protect their pregnant colleague and her child, believing the future of the Cylon race to be in her hands. "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again," just as Athena and Caprica fled to Galactica with their own hybrid child. Meanwhile, the cloners performed their own experiments, and they, too, met with success. But they went beyond mere reproduction, and found a way to download themselves into new bodies after death: the resurrection process.

The one thing I cannot yet explain is why the Seven don't remember the Five and the Five don't even remember that they're Cylons. My only guess here is that something must have happened to wipe the memories of all Cylons, though exactly what this is may never be known. The Seven were all together at the time, of course, so they quickly became reacquainted with one another, but the Five were scattered and thus had no chance to remember their heritage.

Implications of this:
  • The Five really are different than the Seven: they have no lines because they predate lines. They're prototypes, as it were.
  • The Five cannot resurrect, because they left the Cylons before the resurrection process was devised. Starbuck's mother is well and truly dead, and when the rest of the Five die, they will also be gone.
  • What was this memory-wiping cataclysm, and how could it affect both the Seven and the Five when they were so far apart?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

finboy
Mar 28, 2007, 10:55 PM

This was noticeably absent from the trial, huh? Not like they have that many nukes lying around, I'd bet.

finboy
Mar 28, 2007, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
ex recto
Never heard that term bfore, but it's a good one to remember.

Very nice post.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2007, 10:59 PM

Well, if the show has in fact jumped the shark, then pulling out these four new Cylons ex recto will be the point where it happened.
To be fair, the entire show is pulled ex recto.

I don't know whether this new direction is headed somewhere cool or somewhere lame, but it seems strange to me how many people are like, "Whoa, the creators totally just made that up." Like, yeah, that's how the show is written. I don't think the writers have to know every twist the show is ever going to take from the very beginning. Just as long as they know where they're going with the plotlines at the moment and have a good handle on where they've been, I think it's a perfectly fine style of writing.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Helmling
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2007, 11:00 PM

Well, if the show has in fact jumped the shark, then pulling out these four new Cylons ex recto will be the point where it happened. That said, it's not really going to be possible to know whether it has jumped the shark until next season: I find it unlikely that they're going to pull something good out of this, but it's not impossible.

Given that these are four of the Final Five, my guess is that the fifth is one of Starbuck's parents, probably her mother. And as for my theory as to what's going on...

In the beginning, there were twelve Agents -the progenitors of the lines- but the lines as we know them did not exist. Shortly after being created by their mechanical predecessors, they were given the task of reproducing.
I like this supposition, it makes sense. This would be a logical reason why the early Cylons would try to create organic Cylons. They had the disadvantage in the first war, after all. They would not have had much infrastructure to call their own, and yet to manufacture themselves they would have needed it. If RDM hasn't thought about this already, I hope he gets wind of it.

However, I think you're way off on Kara. I think she's either Cylon or more-than-human, probably the latter.

Ratspittle
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2007, 12:03 AM

From the way that RDM worded it in the above interview, it seems like the song itself was more of a means of qualifying for the viewer the 4 of them coming together. I don't expect that it will be addressed in the show at all.
Well if they don't address this, then it is even more unbelievably cheesy.....I mean come on, they even quoted the lyrics!!!!! Couldn't the writers have made up some song (as another poster said, like an old lullabye or something)? It pretty much blew away the suspension of disbelief for me. I hate to harp on it, but it was such a huge part of the episode, and such a cop-out, especially if there is no justification behind it.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 29, 2007, 12:12 AM

Well if they don't address this, then it is even more unbelievably cheesy.....I mean come on, they even quoted the lyrics!!!!! Couldn't the writers have made up some song (as another poster said, like an old lullabye or something)? It pretty much blew away the suspension of disbelief for me. I hate to harp on it, but it was such a huge part of the episode, and such a cop-out, especially if there is no justification behind it.
It's not as if sci-fi TV show writers can write music.

Anyways, I just watched the coming-out-cylon part of the episode again. And yeah, it's just as lame the second time around. I see what they were trying to do with that unifying song, but quite frankly I just don't think the scene worked. The music just seemed superfluous, and the fact that they were each singing it seemed very cheezy.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2007, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by millenium
Implications of this:

* The Five really are different than the Seven: they have no lines because they predate lines. They're prototypes, as it were.
* The Five cannot resurrect, because they left the Cylons before the resurrection process was devised. Starbuck's mother is well and truly dead, and when the rest of the Five die, they will also be gone.
* What was this memory-wiping cataclysm, and how could it affect both the Seven and the Five when they were so far apart?
A theory I've been tossing around in my head jumps back to the old series. The Cylons were created by some older species called the cylons, and they kept on fighting the war long after that species had died. I know that's not the case with our cylons, but I suspect the final five to be the ones that gave the ability to the Cylons to become human-like. My theory goes 'out there' and says the 5 were non-coporeal, decided to do something about the cylons, and ended up creating something a little crazy. the 5 become coporeal but in the process lose the memory of who they are, but being in a certain place, it all comes back.
It's a theory, now beat it to death...

BTW: Someone here had this great theory about the cylons being associated with greek gods and our main characters being them: Adama- Zeus, Roslin - Hera, Tigh - Ares, etc. I liked that theory.

OH YEAH: Remember when there was that statement about how we would see the Cylon Homeworld sometime during season 3? What the heck happened to that?
( Last edited by SirCastor; Mar 29, 2007 at 01:30 AM. )
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Helmling
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2007, 08:25 AM

The point is that it shows that there is some connection between the Cylons and the route to Earth and that the role of the Final Five has something to do with the oft-quoted "All this has happened before..."

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2007, 08:27 AM

Implications of this:
  • The Five really are different than the Seven: they have no lines because they predate lines. They're prototypes, as it were.
  • The Five cannot resurrect, because they left the Cylons before the resurrection process was devised. Starbuck's mother is well and truly dead, and when the rest of the Five die, they will also be gone.
  • What was this memory-wiping cataclysm, and how could it affect both the Seven and the Five when they were so far apart?
I like this theory. I've only got one problem with it: age

3 of the revealed 4 might not be old enough to fit your course of events. Also, these 4 must age visibly, since I hope Saul didn't look 40 years ago like he does today.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 29, 2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I like this theory. I've only got one problem with it: age

3 of the revealed 4 might not be old enough to fit your course of events. Also, these 4 must age visibly, since I hope Saul didn't look 40 years ago like he does today.
He didn't. For the flashbacks to the time when he was developing a friendship with Adama in previous episodes (season 1?), the makeup people tried hard to make him look younger. Not that he really did look younger, but hey...

chaddiman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2007, 09:28 AM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but did someone notice Lee flying a different Viper than everyone else (in the finale)? He seemed to have been flying a Mark VII. And why did Helo point out Viper 3 specifically? He wouldn't really know who's in which Viper would he? Any thoughts?

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2007, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by chaddiman View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but did someone notice Lee flying a different Viper than everyone else (in the finale)? He seemed to have been flying a Mark VII. And why did Helo point out Viper 3 specifically? He wouldn't really know who's in which Viper would he? Any thoughts?
I thought they usually had names on Dradis underneath their ships. Apollo's ship would've had "unknown" under it.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2007, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by chaddiman View Post
Lee has flown a Mark VII ever since Pegasus showed up. He even had his original pre-attack Mark VII hanging around ever since the beginning of the series, I'm not sure why he's never flown it though.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 29, 2007, 02:16 PM

Another thing that's bugging me and needs to be explained. How did these four not succumb to the virus that had such a devastating effect o the Cylons. there is a lot of explaining needed in regards to our newly Cyloned friends.

I still maintain that the highlight of this season is the Tigh character. In my ever humble opinion, he is the best character on the show and has really come into his own this season. In the lackluster outing scene, his performance was the only one worth noting. I can respect a guy that finds out he's a Cylon, shrugs and says "I've been an officer for forty years and fought in two wars, this doesn't change jack". Rock on Pirate XO!

Tigh also brings up an interesting notion: Cylon people have the same human failings (i.e. addiction issues) as People people. Well, interesting to me at at least...
Nemo me impune lacesset

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2007, 02:19 PM

That reminds me... Weren't the Mark VII's susceptible to that Cylon virus that was used in the initial attack against the colonies? What keeps them from being nailed now?
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

bstone
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2007, 02:22 PM

That reminds me... Weren't the Mark VII's susceptible to that Cylon virus that was used in the initial attack against the colonies? What keeps them from being nailed now?
Long since taken care of. Baltar fixed them in season 1. The CNP was remedied.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane View Post
How did these four not succumb to the virus that had such a devastating effect o the Cylons.
That goes back to the four being a different kind of "Cylon". I don't think I would take too much to explain, and for me wouldn't even really need explaining. IMO, they took a different path of development than the skin-jobs. They may even be hybrids themselves (some evidence seems to suggest this, given Tyrol's child), which has already been shown to offer immunity.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2007, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
Long since taken care of. Baltar fixed them in season 1. The CNP was remedied.
Actually he found the problem in the first episode and they knew how to fix it. I think they were out of Mark 7's but got a fresh batch from Pegasus.

bstone
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2007, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Actually he found the problem in the first episode and they knew how to fix it. I think they were out of Mark 7's but got a fresh batch from Pegasus.
Nope. Episode 1 was "33". They fixed the CNP problem in the miniseries.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2007, 10:04 PM

*Checks calendar. Taps fingers on desk*

ahem. RDM, hellooo? podcast?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 30, 2007, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
Nope. Episode 1 was "33". They fixed the CNP problem in the miniseries.
Well sooory, when I said first episode I meant the pilot.

Forum Links
Forum Rules