Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > 2001 Quicksilver-Value?

2001 Quicksilver-Value?
Subaru_Nation555
Sep 1, 2007, 04:57 PM

*I wasn't sure which forum was the appropriate place to post this so Admins. please move if necessary*

I have a 2001 PowerMac G4 Quicksilver. I am thinking about selling it along with my 12" PowerBook G4 to get a new MacBook. I have been looking on eBay to see what comparable computers are going for but I wanted to post here and get some opinions as the the value to my two computers. Thanks for your responses.

PowerMac G4 "Quicksilver" Condition: 4/5:

-Dual 1.6GHz processors (upgraded to PowerLogix from OWC)
-768MB SDRAM (1x512, 1x265, 1xopen slot)
-PCI card w/ 4xUSB 2.0 ports
-80GB 7200 primary drive
-120GB 7200 secondary drive
-Airport card
-Superdrive
-ADC to DVI adaptor, keyboard, mouse, cables, original box

12" PowerBook G4 Condition 4/5:

-1.5GHz PowerPC G4
-768MB RAM
-Superdrive
-80GB 5400 drive
-Airport card
-10 months of AppleCare (new screen, keyboard and Superdrive under AppleCare)
-Case, cables, original box

The MacBook is going to run me about $1900 with AppleCare and a case and all that stuff. I am hoping to get around a $1000 for both computers.

Also is AppleCare transferable to another owner? Thanks again.

-Sacha
2.2GHz MacBook Pro

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2007, 06:05 PM

Huuummm......well around here, you'd probably get ~$250-350 for the QS, but a good bit more by parting it out, so if you can't sell it whole, I'd be interested in the DP/1.6 upgrade card.

What video card is in it, and will there be any OS or other software disks included ?

PB is another story...... sometimes they go fairly high, other times really low, depending on who's buying & how bad they want it
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

Subaru_Nation555  (op)
Sep 2, 2007, 10:58 AM

Thanks for the feedback. PowerBooks on eBay are going for $600-800 generally. I am hoping to get toward the higher end of that. The Quicksilver doesn't seem that promising so I may end up keeping it for a while more since it still trudges on like a champ.

Forum Links
Forum Rules